Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nice, Bright and Colorful Arrangement. (Awesome looking peppers)
Lens: Sigma 70~300mm APO Macro Lens. Camera: Canon EOS Rebel t5. Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: Tonytee, 10-06-2019, 09:38 PM

Focal Length 209mm, Shutter Priority Mode, No Fill Flash, 1.67EV With CWA Metering.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS REBEL T5  Photo 

Views: 369
10-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I love the look of those peppers, and I just love peppers in general!

Question about your approach here (and I'm only asking because I have a lot to learn) - could you help me understand the reasoning behind the really faster shutter speed while using ISO 400? Again - I'm still very much in the learning stage. I know next to nothing about light metering, and I'm just curious how the picture changes with the higher ISO and super fast shutter speed. vs an ISO of 100 and a slower shutter speed.

Last edited by Reality_Check; 10-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.
10-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice photo Tony, very well detailed and great colors.
10-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reality_Check Quote
I love the look of those peppers, and I just love peppers in general!

Question about your approach here (and I'm only asking because I have a lot to learn) - could you help me understand the reasoning behind the really faster shutter speed while using ISO 400? Again - I'm still very much in the learning stage. I know next to nothing about light metering, and I'm just curious how the picture changes with the higher ISO and super fast shutter speed. vs an ISO of 100 and a slower shutter speed.

A shutter speed of 1/200s really isn't what most would describe as super fast. I normally shoot at between 1/60s and 1/125s. However, going with a faster shutter speed will

pretty much guarantee better color rendition and retention. Going with a higher ISO as 400 will assure me that an adequate amount of light will be present in order to properly

expose the subject/s. This place where I mostly shoot presents quite a challenge for proper exposure in that they have glass ceilings that allow for harsh sunlight along with

fluorescent lighting, which again creates quite a challenge. A slower shutter speed as you suggest, would have resulted in a seriously overexposed image. The slower the

shutter speed, the more light enters your gear. Hope this helps. Thanks a million for your comment and question.

TT

---------- Post added 10-07-19 at 03:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Nice photo Tony, very well detailed and great colors.

Many thanks to you sir.

tt

Last edited by Tonytee; 10-07-2019 at 06:58 PM.
10-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Whoah - I totally misread your original post. I thought it was 1/2000th of a second, not 1/200! Nonetheless, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain :-)
10-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reality_Check Quote
Whoah - I totally misread your original post. I thought it was 1/2000th of a second, not 1/200! Nonetheless, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain :-)

Again, my pleasure.

TT