Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Edmonton Photographic Tradeshow & Seminars
Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Edmonton 
Posted By: FozzFoster, 10-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Hey everyone,

I went to the 2019 Edmonton Photograpic Tradeshow last Sunday to watch the guest speakers presentations, especially Rob Brown who's a real estate photographer out of Calgary.
Was really interested to learn about his progression from shooting "Sock Burner" houses all the way up to photographing Stephen Harper's old house.
I was especially surprised to learn that he has shifted all his workflow away from using external lights whatsoever - really inspired me to try to do my shoots with only natural light as well.

I also swung by the Ricoh/Pentax booth and I was excited to see they had a DA 11-18mm f/2.8 in stock! Besides the 2020 APS-C (K-Next), this is the next lens on my list of big purchases.
Right now, I'm using a Sigma 10-20mm variable aperture lens to earn money in photography (real estate is a side gig; I have another full time job) and I feel like it's perhaps the weakest lens in my main kit - I look forward to replacing it.
I'm also excited to try it out the 11-18mm with some astrophtography!

I did not expect to shoot a true comparison shot with these lenses, but I did take some snap shots (and missed focus) that compared the DFA 50mm f/1.4 with my FA 50mm f/1.4.
These are straight out of camera RAW files converted to JPEG in Lightroom after, and only, increasing the exposure 1 stop.

Was a great show and learned a lot!
Maybe one day I'll own a 70-200 f/2.8...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by FozzFoster; 10-07-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Views: 421
10-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Hey everyone,

I went to the 2019 Edmonton Photograpic Tradeshow last Sunday to watch the guest speakers presentations, especially Rob Brown who's a real estate photographer out of Calgary.
Was really interested to learn about his progression from shooting "Sock Burner" houses all the way up to photographing Stephen Harper's old house.
I was especially surprised to learn that he has shifted all his workflow away from using external lights whatsoever - really inspired me to try to do my shoots with only natural light as well.

I also swung by the Ricoh/Pentax booth and I was excited to see they had a DA 11-18mm f/2.8 in stock! Besides the 2020 APS-C (K-Next), this is the next lens on my list of big purchases.
Right now, I'm using a Sigma 10-20mm variable aperture lens to earn money in photography (real estate is a side gig; I have another full time job) and I feel like it's perhaps the weakest lens in my main kit - I look forward to replacing it.
I'm also excited to try it out the 11-18mm with some astrophtography!

I did not expect to shoot a true comparison shot with these lenses, but I did take some snap shots (and missed focus) that compared the DFA 50mm f/1.4 with my FA 50mm f/1.4.
These are straight out of camera RAW files converted to JPEG in Lightroom after, and only, increasing the exposure 1 stop.

Was a great show and learned a lot!
Maybe one day I'll own a 70-200 f/2.8...
I'm the one who is going to receive the DA* 11-18mm in this contest {unless you corner half the entries}
10-10-2019, 06:19 AM   #3
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
{unless you corner half the entries}
you probably have more than one entry yourself reh321