Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Lahinch
Lens: DA 55-300; @135 Camera: k5lls Photo Location: County Clare, Ireland ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: mahanpots, 10-09-2019, 06:36 AM

This guy was enjoying playing solo on a beautiful day at the coast of Ireland amongst tall grass, old ruins and pastoral scenery.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 339
10-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mahanpots Quote
This guy was enjoying playing solo on a beautiful day at the coast of Ireland amongst tall grass, old ruins and pastoral scenery.
a beautiful scene.
10-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
a beautiful scene.
Thanks
10-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian

If those ruins could talk. I expect there's a lot of interesting history associated with that place.

10-09-2019, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
If those ruins could talk.
Yes, I can only imagine what it would have to say. Co. Clare has loads of cool old structures. There are portal and wedge tombs from 3000 BC, a good number of ancient ring forts, and also a good number of surviving medieval tower houses (what this once was) as well as ruins of same.

I took this pic of the same ruin about 10 years ago. When I saw your image, Michael, I had to look and see how much it had deteriorated since. Luckily, it looks pretty much the same today! 'Probably hasn't been hit with too many golf balls, then.
10-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote
Yes, I can only imagine what it would have to say. Co. Clare has loads of cool old structures. There are portal and wedge tombs from 3000 BC, a good number of ancient ring forts, and also a good number of surviving medieval tower houses (what this once was) as well as ruins of same.

I took this pic of the same ruin about 10 years ago. When I saw your image, Michael, I had to look and see how much it had deteriorated since. Luckily, it looks pretty much the same today! 'Probably hasn't been hit with too many golf balls, then.
Nice shot, Jared. It doesn't seem to have changed at all since your photo was taken. There's a particular ruin in Limerick City that looks like it could fall at any moment. I'm always amazed when I see it every year I come to Ireland.
10-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot.

10-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote

Thanks for the history lesson. I can picture medieval knights throwing stones from the top of this tower onto the Viking hoards below. So glad that the rocks didn't strike all of the Vikings as I might not be here.