Cloudscape Reflections [Explored]
by Larry Mc, on Flickr
Views: 673
10-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
No, that was the truth. My office monitor sucks. On the home's one. This picture looks better if you make the front stage more contrast and popping.

The golden rule that works in most of the cases is that the front stage should be brighter (more contrast, more colorful etc) then the back one.
Just as an example:
Whoa, backup now, My monitor is the screen on my Dell Precision M4800 and it has been calibrated and a Profile generated which my laptop uses when it is on. The calibration was done with an X-Rite Color Munki Display Calibration Device using Display Cal Calibration software. I re-calibrate the laptop screen every three months.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by front stage and back stage when referring to a color display monitor.

Now if you are referring to foreground and background that is a different thing all together. There was no need to emphasize the foreground in my Cloudscape photo as the reflection and the actual cloud was my point of emphasis.

10-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Whoa, backup now, My monitor is the screen on my Dell Precision M4800 and it has been calibrated and a Profile generated which my laptop uses when it is on. The calibration was done with an X-Rite Color Munki Display Calibration Device using Display Cal Calibration software. I re-calibrate the laptop screen every three months.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by front stage and back stage when referring to a color display monitor.

Now if you are referring to foreground and background that is a different thing all together. There was no need to emphasize the foreground in my Cloudscape photo as the reflection and the actual cloud was my point of emphasis.
Well. OK.
10-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
Well. OK.
Glad you agree.
10-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Glad you agree.
Did I? I just wanted to stop that pointless conversation. I think there is no reason to explain why was it pointless...
I am sure you have a printer, which you also calibrate even more often than your monitor...try to print this picture out...you may find out a lot of unpleasant surprises which you did not see on your calibrated monitor.