Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Last light
Lens: FA 80-320 Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Isle of Bute, Scotland ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: StiffLegged, 10-11-2019, 11:41 AM

Hopes of good low light near sunset had evaporated and the stacked headlands I spotted earlier in the day were dull and uninteresting. The island of Arran on the horizon was little better as the weather started clamping down for the evening just before sunset. Distracted by a phone call, I looked idly to the west and saw this: the last light on the water before the approaching rain blotted everything out.

Views: 621
10-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The picture would've benefited from the straight horizon line.
10-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot, you captured what looks like the end of a cold rainy day.
10-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a very nice photo. It has beautiful soft lighting and is very well balanced with the point of land in the foreground and receding hills against the horizon. Well done.

10-13-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
Hopes of good low light near sunset had evaporated and the stacked headlands I spotted earlier in the day were dull and uninteresting. The island of Arran on the horizon was little better as the weather started clamping down for the evening just before sunset. Distracted by a phone call, I looked idly to the west and saw this: the last light on the water before the approaching rain blotted everything out.

great shot like it
10-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

It immediately reminded me of Tom Selleck's "Jesse Stone" series, shot along the eastern seaboard, around Massachusetts. Very nice, dramatic capture, Stifflegged.
10-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
The picture would've benefited from the straight horizon line.
Thanks for the observation, but the far horizon is a receding coastline photographed from appreciable height.

10-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Great blue hour landscape creating a somber mood! TFS.
Best
10-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Beautiful!
10-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Thanks for the observation, but the far horizon is a receding coastline photographed from appreciable height.
Is the horizon line if looked from there not horizontal?
10-20-2019, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's nearer on the right side, within the range distinguishable from a distant horizon when viewed from the height I took the photo at. (I checked)
11-02-2019, 01:16 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice picture of the last light of the day.
11-02-2019, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
A stunning shot... but as you and I both know, it’s pretty hard not to get a great image of landscapes here in Scotland.

And that’s in no way meaning to be a bad a reflection of your photography skills in any way.
11-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
Is the horizon line if looked from there not horizontal?
Lovely Photo. not sure what Vasyl is gong on about. You can clearly tell the landscape is receding so the horizon appears to be different. You've done a great job and I see no issues what so ever. In fact, even downloading the file to check, you can tell it's level because the waterline is immaculately straight. Don't listen to the nay-sayers you did really well with this.
01-09-2020, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

So magical!