Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Love Me Nots
Posted By: metroeloise, 10-15-2008, 11:17 PM

A show in Bellingham. Love this place. The lighting was dim. I learned to use spot metering! also center focus. Haven't liked leaving the preview on. It is like a flash when it goes off and you are still looking through the viewer. Only did some basic PP, dipping into presets and learning. All in Lightroom in this batch but I have been working on them all in Bibble, Paint Shop Pro (like this one) and Silkypix. Need to choose which will be my primary PP.

My graphic card died and I am waiting on another paycheck to get another and another monitor. Then calibrated. Then work these again.

Here they are:

WhatJahTHinK?
Views: 1,205
10-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I think you captured the feel of what I can only imagine would be some good entertainment. I like these type of shots for small venue clubs and music acts. Just close and personal enough to invite you in, but elusive enough to make you think.
10-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Really like #1, 2 and 5... Its does have to small venue feel to it... Great work. JIMBO
10-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Really like #1, 2 and 5... Its does have to small venue feel to it... Great work. JIMBO
Thanks Jimbo. and I didn't wind around the multiquote just right but...
thanks spyglass.

The small venue is the bedrock of the music scene Even this great band in a much larger venue would be reduced. And since the bars around here all know me I get to do what I want. I'll even set up remote flashes at some point. Thinking of using IR converted camera (Which would be best of the older pentax dslrs?) and mass amounts of IR converted flashes too. Don't like the flash pop.

Another?

And a b/w

10-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

These types of shots are very hard and you did capture the sentiment by leaving a touch of motion blurr to the images.
10-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well since the mulit quote just showed up...

QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
I think you captured the feel of what I can only imagine would be some good entertainment. I like these type of shots for small venue clubs and music acts. Just close and personal enough to invite you in, but elusive enough to make you think.
Thank you. There are many lines we dance around with the give and take of a real moment. The seeming anonymity of a club is belied in the real felt intimacy that can happen in a moment. Dancing and performing are intimate moments. At this show, the crowd was there for a local favorite and got this as an unexpected warm-up.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Thank you. I like them. Fun to work with learning to anticipate movement, lighting changes and the mood of the crowd. I don't jostle around much. I do dance and most of these are taken at full tilt boogie!

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
These types of shots are very hard and you did capture the sentiment by leaving a touch of motion blurr to the images.
Thank you! Yes they are challenging. I also only shot in M! Well for now. Figure it is a good way to learn. For instance I just found myself asking how to get the green reset button to always compensate for exposure... Dah! Well I finally learned when I wanted to do that. Different than reading it in the manual. Although, of course, I am sleeping with the manual to night!

No flash either. (yet. I have made a defusor for the on body flash and a snoot for an off camera slave... Maybe tonight)

The blurr factor was one of those choices I made on the spot. I have a bunch frozen, and they have their sharpness has its charm (subject has everything to do with that!) but for the posted ones I chose the blurred ones. The headliner of the evening generated many non-blurred shots and only a few of the blurred ones worked. It is a response to the ambiance, the energy of the moment.

Thanks all.