Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Sacramento Airshow 2019 - 4
Lens: 28-45mm Camera: 645Z 
Posted By: manishved, 10-12-2019, 10:37 PM












Views: 276
10-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Durban
Posts: 568
Impressive aircraft; well-captured details! Thanks for sharing.
Best.
10-13-2019, 12:25 AM   #3
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 2
wow!! it should be fun to look around the show. Beautiful photos.
10-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 14,538
Is that a C5A?

10-16-2019, 04:04 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Calif
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,958
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Is that a C5A?
It’s a C-17.
10-16-2019, 05:10 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,696
Great shots manishved! These big guys were flying over my house on the weekend of the airshow, I was in the flight pattern. Next year I really need to go to it.
10-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Calif
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,958
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great shots manishved! These big guys were flying over my house on the weekend of the airshow, I was in the flight pattern. Next year I really need to go to it.
Not sure where you live. However the official stands and other seating positions are not designed from a photographers perspective. Next year I plan to be at the park on other side of the runway. Of course I won’t be able to hear any announcements but all I care is shooting pics of planes. The sun is at an awkward angle at the official site.
10-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,696
QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Not sure where you live. However the official stands and other seating positions are not designed from a photographers perspective. Next year I plan to be at the park on other side of the runway. Of course I won’t be able to hear any announcements but all I care is shooting pics of planes. The sun is at an awkward angle at the official site
I am out in Granite Bay near Folsom Lake. They were flying out and turning over Auburn and the lake, so they went right over my house. I have never been to this airshow, but the tarmac is definitely on the wrong side of the runway for photography. Another spot that might be a good spot to set up is off of the west end of the runway. There is a street there, but they might not let people stop or park anywhere along it. I think I will go next year.

10-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,275
They're big beasts! I've taken a walk through a couple of them. I still don't know how they manage to squeeze a Chinook into one though!
10-16-2019, 08:41 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Location: WA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 149
Love the C-17. Thanks for the photos!
10-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Calif
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,958
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I am out in Granite Bay near Folsom Lake. They were flying out and turning over Auburn and the lake, so they went right over my house. I have never been to this airshow, but the tarmac is definitely on the wrong side of the runway for photography. Another spot that might be a good spot to set up is off of the west end of the runway. There is a street there, but they might not let people stop or park anywhere along it. I think I will go next year.
That would be a nice location as well. Especially if we can get shots of the planes over the lake.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, sacramento airshow
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machinery Sacramento Airshow 2019 - 2 manishved Post Your Photos! 7 10-12-2019 11:20 PM
Machinery Sacramento Airshow 2019 - 3 manishved Post Your Photos! 10 10-12-2019 02:01 PM
Machinery Sacramento Airshow 2019 manishved Post Your Photos! 4 10-12-2019 06:59 AM
Landscape The Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta From 15,000 Feet ToddK Post Your Photos! 12 09-23-2018 07:51 AM
Architecture Tower Bridge Over the Sacramento River ToddK Post Your Photos! 16 08-30-2018 01:07 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top