Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Imaginary Friends
Lens: Sigma 28-300mm Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Idaho 
Posted By: Dewman, 10-13-2019, 10:26 AM

The family next door was going through a very ugly divorce and their little girl was taking the brunt of the mess. This image of her, alone on the sidewalk, talking to her imaginary friends at her "tea party" was quite touching, considering the circumstances. Children always seem to get the short end of the stick in situations like this.

Last edited by Dewman; 01-28-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Views: 249
10-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,202
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
The family next door was going through a very ugly divorce and their little girl was taking the brunt of the mess. This image of her, alone on the sidewalk, talking to her imaginary friends at her "tea party" was quite touching, considering the circumstances. Children always seem to get the short end of the stick in situations like this.
and so close to the gutter - perhaps in more than one way.
10-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,369
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
and so close to the gutter - perhaps in more than one way.
You have very good vision, sir.
10-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Larrymc's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississippi, USA
Posts: 3,502
A touching story and a wonderful image of the little girl, excellent use of the reflection!!

10-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,369
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
A touching story and a wonderful image of the little girl, excellent use of the reflection!!
Larry, she had no idea I was there and she was having a "conversation" with her imaginary friends. It was so cute and at the same time, so tragic. As we age, I think we become much more aware of the human condition, especially when children are concerned. This was one of those times for me. It puts things in perspective like nothing else can.
10-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #6
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,202
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Larry, she had no idea I was there and she was having a "conversation" with her imaginary friends. It was so cute and at the same time, so tragic. As we age, I think we become much more aware of the human condition, especially when children are concerned. This was one of those times for me. It puts things in perspective like nothing else can.
Yes, in 1995 my wife and I {we were married in 1979} were having an animated discussion that involved how the "Enola Gay" should be displayed; it ended when our then-eight-year-old daughter asked "Are you two getting divorced? We had never considered such a thing, but that was part of the reality she knew. So sad.
10-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Seagrove, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 381
Kids are generally very resilient. You captured her playful nature in a touching way. Thanks.
10-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,369
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mahanpots Quote
Kids are generally very resilient. You captured her playful nature in a touching way. Thanks.
Thanks for your nice words. Yes, you're right.... children can be remarkably resilient but they're still very impressionable and the younger, the more so. Little minds are very malleable and oft times, adults are so caught up in the moment, that that concern takes a back seat to their ranting and raving. What happens to them when their children can and often does determine how they view life as adult.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, friends, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello fellow Pentax friends!!! sr20det387 Welcomes and Introductions 11 11-27-2018 01:13 AM
People Old friends CharLac Post Your Photos! 2 07-25-2018 05:30 PM
Nature Potorous tridactylus (and friends) RobG Post Your Photos! 5 01-28-2018 07:19 PM
K-5 Purple Fringing real or imaginary? mcs Pentax K-5 16 03-24-2011 04:22 PM
Imaginary photography? Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Lynn Travel, Events, and Groups 1 10-02-2010 06:31 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top