Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Imaginary Friends
Lens: Sigma 28-300mm Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Idaho 
Posted By: Dewman, 10-13-2019, 10:26 AM

The family next door was going through a very ugly divorce and their little girl was taking the brunt of the mess. This image of her, alone on the sidewalk, talking to her imaginary friends at her "tea party" was quite touching, considering the circumstances. Children always seem to get the short end of the stick in situations like this.

Last edited by Dewman; 01-28-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Views: 249
10-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
The family next door was going through a very ugly divorce and their little girl was taking the brunt of the mess. This image of her, alone on the sidewalk, talking to her imaginary friends at her "tea party" was quite touching, considering the circumstances. Children always seem to get the short end of the stick in situations like this.
and so close to the gutter - perhaps in more than one way.
10-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
and so close to the gutter - perhaps in more than one way.
You have very good vision, sir.
10-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A touching story and a wonderful image of the little girl, excellent use of the reflection!!

10-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
A touching story and a wonderful image of the little girl, excellent use of the reflection!!
Larry, she had no idea I was there and she was having a "conversation" with her imaginary friends. It was so cute and at the same time, so tragic. As we age, I think we become much more aware of the human condition, especially when children are concerned. This was one of those times for me. It puts things in perspective like nothing else can.
10-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #6
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Larry, she had no idea I was there and she was having a "conversation" with her imaginary friends. It was so cute and at the same time, so tragic. As we age, I think we become much more aware of the human condition, especially when children are concerned. This was one of those times for me. It puts things in perspective like nothing else can.
Yes, in 1995 my wife and I {we were married in 1979} were having an animated discussion that involved how the "Enola Gay" should be displayed; it ended when our then-eight-year-old daughter asked "Are you two getting divorced? We had never considered such a thing, but that was part of the reality she knew. So sad.
10-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Kids are generally very resilient. You captured her playful nature in a touching way. Thanks.
10-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mahanpots Quote
Kids are generally very resilient. You captured her playful nature in a touching way. Thanks.
Thanks for your nice words. Yes, you're right.... children can be remarkably resilient but they're still very impressionable and the younger, the more so. Little minds are very malleable and oft times, adults are so caught up in the moment, that that concern takes a back seat to their ranting and raving. What happens to them when their children can and often does determine how they view life as adult.