Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Caribbean Cruise to ABC islands
Posted By: fwwidall, 10-13-2019, 12:57 PM

In mid-September I had the great pleasure of taking a 10 day Caribbean cruise aboard Celebrity Equinox to the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire & Curacao).

Despite it being hurricane season we had excellent weather, although we diverted from a stop at Key West to Labadee in Haiti instead. One night we had a tremendous thunderstorm and it was great watching the lightning over the ocean. I got to eat and drink way too much, and meet some interesting people. All I took along was my K3 together with 15mm, 40mm & 70mm DA Limiteds, which made for a fairly lightweight kit.

Here are a few of the images I shot.

Celebrity Equinox moored off Georgetown in the Grand Caymans:

Tendering in Georgetown, Grand Cayman

A night shot of the main pool on Celebrity Equinox

A rocky beach on Aruba

Celebrity docked in Curacao

The beach in Labadee (with ziplines unfortunately)

Dancers at Labadee.

Seems like a long time ago already
Views: 264
10-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fwwidall Quote
In mid-September I had the great pleasure of taking a 10 day Caribbean cruise aboard Celebrity Equinox to the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire & Curacao).

Despite it being hurricane season we had excellent weather, although we diverted from a stop at Key West to Labadee in Haiti instead. One night we had a tremendous thunderstorm and it was great watching the lightning over the ocean. I got to eat and drink way too much, and meet some interesting people. All I took along was my K3 together with 15mm, 40mm & 70mm DA Limiteds, which made for a fairly lightweight kit.

Here are a few of the images I shot.

Celebrity Equinox moored off Georgetown in the Grand Caymans:

Tendering in Georgetown, Grand Cayman

A night shot of the main pool on Celebrity Equinox

A rocky beach on Aruba

Celebrity docked in Curacao

The beach in Labadee (with ziplines unfortunately)

Dancers at Labadee.

Seems like a long time ago already
beautiful pictures.