Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Afternoon at the beach
Lens: DFA 150-450 Camera: K3 Photo Location: NSW ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: RobG, 10-13-2019, 06:50 PM

Afternoon at the beach
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

This kangaroo was near the beach, but others were actually on the beach; something I haven't seen before.
Views: 488
10-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote

Afternoon at the beach
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

This kangaroo was near the beach, but others were actually on the beach; something I haven't seen before.
an interesting image.

Are kangaroo in Australia like deer are in North America? - an indigenous creature that potentially care show up just about anywhere?
10-13-2019, 11:01 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Are kangaroo in Australia like deer are in North America? - an indigenous creature that potentially care show up just about anywhere?
Pretty much. Kangaroos are the grass-eating equivalents of deer in North America, and in ancient New Zealand the Moa took this role. The ubiquity of kangaroos increases if you include more of the macropods (big feet) such as Wallabies, Padamelons and Potoroos. Kangaroos are mainly found in open forest, grassland and desert. The Wallabies, Pademelons and Potoroos are more restricted to denser rainforest, woodland or heath. Where humans have created grassland (such as this area near the sea, or more often pasture for cattle and sheep), kangaroos tend to multiply, especially if there's areas of forest where they can rest.
10-14-2019, 01:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Strange beach, nice shot!

10-14-2019, 01:51 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nonpigliounoshoot Quote
Strange beach, nice shot!
Thanks! I think!
10-14-2019, 02:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Great image, and seeing the waves in the background adds to the fun factor. The colour and detail on the roo are very clear and the blur of the background really brings your eye to the main prize.

I almost thought he was on his (her?} holidays, got away to the seaside for a while....
10-14-2019, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Great image, and seeing the waves in the background adds to the fun factor. The colour and detail on the roo are very clear and the blur
of the background really brings your eye to the main prize. I almost thought he was on his (her?} holidays, got away to the seaside for a while....

Thanks! I thought that it was unusual enough to warrant a photo. Maybe Pebbly Beach is a Kangaroo holiday village? I certainly wouldn't mind owning a cabin there!

« P r o m | Neill »