Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Rainbow Scarab Beetle
Lens: DA 100mm wr macro Camera: K5 Photo Location: TGNP Kansas ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: fuzzyphotos, 10-14-2019, 05:02 PM

I spent a few days at Tall Grass Nature Preserve near Strong City, Kansas earlier this month. We had seen dung beetles before but never came across the Rainbow Scarab Beetle. These dung beetles burrow under the scat instead of rolling balls away to lay eggs on. This guy, males have horns, was pretty shy, took a long time to get a clear shot. People do look at you funny when they pass you while your down crawling around a pile of scat. Anyway, a pretty cool beetle, I need to try focus stacking as I have some front and back focused shots, maybe they will get the entire beetle in focus.

Tim

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 491
10-14-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
what a funny looking guy!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
beetle, beetles, camera, dung, focus, photo, rainbow