Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10 Likes  
Woodland Macro Photography - Photographing Mushrooms & Toadstools
Posted By: Sunburn, 10-15-2019, 01:12 AM

The autumn months are drawing in along with the dark nights and short days so what better opportunity then to visit my local woodland for a spot of macro photography to photograph the mushrooms and toadstools that are popping out from the woodland floor.

The recent wet, dreary and mild weather here in the UK has provided perfect growing conditions for the woodland mushrooms, toadstools and fungi especially in my local woodland where several old trees have fallen, and broken branches of old dead and decaying wood litter the woodland floor.

Wandering around your local woodland can reveal a host of secrets and little scenes in miniature to photograph, however it takes a while for you photographers eye to focus in on the mushrooms and toadstools that make their homes in the wet nooks and crannies of the the dead wood.

Allowing your eye adjust to the challenge is the key thing to remember and having a dedicated macro lens really helps bring the miniature subjects to life once you have found them within the chaos of the woodland environment.

So why not join me on this little amble into the woods as I try to find some interesting Macro photography compositions, armed with my trusty Pentax K1 and 100mm f/2.8 Pentax Macro Lens. Where I make the Mushrooms and Toadstools the focus of the compositions and introduce you to some little creepy crawly friends I made along the way

I would love to hear your thoughts on my little adventure and the images produced, so why not leave a comment, like and subscribe

Comments, suggestions always welcome.

Regards
Geoff

Attached Images

Views: 2,870
11-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Little magic. Very cozy photo

11-25-2021, 12:44 AM   #32
Forum Member