Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Through the Mists of Time
Lens: Pentax '02' Camera: Pentax Q-7 Photo Location: Greenfield Village, Dearborn MI 
Posted By: reh321, 10-18-2019, 11:11 AM

At the end of the summer, my family made what become an annual migration for us to Greenfield Village - our 28-year-old younger daughter has come to love it so much, and she plans to get married next summer. As we arrived on Sunday, we stopped at the main train station, and then took a lap around the village {actually, if the truth be told, I took several laps}. As the train entered the station, I noticed that it was being pulled by #7, which had been Henry Ford's favorite locomotive, and he had taken with him when he sold the Detroit, Toledo & Ironton.

Attached Images

Last edited by reh321; 10-18-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: mispelled title
Views: 601
10-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Cool old steam locomotive from a great angle. Thanks for including all the historic information about it.
10-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really like it. I'm one of those guys that likes trains.
10-18-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ttedders Quote
I really like it. I'm one of those guys that likes trains.
Thank you for commenting here too.

In case you couldn't tell - by my riding first, and riding and riding - so do I. In fact, I ride these pathetic excuses for cars because I like the real locomotives that finish their days by pulling them around the village.