Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Leaving the nest...
Lens: Fa 50 2.8 macro Camera: k3 Photo Location: CT ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/4000s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: brewmaster15, 10-24-2019, 04:19 AM

Milkweed pod sending out seeds in the breeze...

IMGP4453

Last edited by brewmaster15; 10-24-2019 at 04:36 AM. Reason: image quality, offsite link
Views: 466
10-24-2019, 04:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow, time really is all there's needed to produce such a neat design.

10-24-2019, 06:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Interesting shot! Nice and sharp with pleasing bokeh. TFS.
Best.
10-24-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you captured the pod opening and releasing the seed at just the right time. Nice light too. We planted our first patch of Milkweed this year.

10-24-2019, 07:17 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote

Wow, what a beautifully documentary image! Nature at work, a moment of the process caught and frozen for us to see. And so sharp!
10-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Excellent shot! I like it.
10-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #7

Very sharp picture..... and at F 2,8!
The Fa 50 2,8 was on Apsc one of my faforit lens for makro, but on K1 not so.
When I see your photo, I think I must use it more.

Best regards,
Birk

10-24-2019, 02:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

This is one of the most interesting photographs I've seen in a long while. The almost iridescent look of the seeds is amazing.... and the very faint artifacts in the boken are a nice addition to the overall composition. Very nice, professional work. Normally I refrain from making any suggestions or "you should'a done this" kind of comments.... but.... just this once, I'll violate my self-imposed rule. If the long green stem was cloned out, I think it would help. Please forgive me for saying that..... it goes against my better judgement.... but.... there, I said it!
10-24-2019, 03:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all for your comments here!

QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
I think you captured the pod opening and releasing the seed at just the right time. Nice light too. We planted our first patch of Milkweed this year.
This was our first year they put out alot of pods.They planted themselves in my wifes herb garden a few years ago... but the patch didnt get enough sun.. I fixed that. We have had monarchs lay eggs the last 2 years on them.

---------- Post added 10-24-19 at 03:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Birk Quote
Very sharp picture..... and at F 2,8!
The Fa 50 2,8 was on Apsc one of my faforit lens for makro, but on K1 not so.
When I see your photo, I think I must use it more.

Best regards,
Birk
The FA50mm macro is one of my favorite lens... it can do amazing things.... I used it alot with film and now on the k3.... Take it out and shoot away!

---------- Post added 10-24-19 at 03:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
This is one of the most interesting photographs I've seen in a long while. The almost iridescent look of the seeds is amazing.... and the very faint artifacts in the boken are a nice addition to the overall composition. Very nice, professional work. Normally I refrain from making any suggestions or "you should'a done this" kind of comments.... but.... just this once, I'll violate my self-imposed rule. If the long green stem was cloned out, I think it would help. Please forgive me for saying that..... it goes against my better judgement.... but.... there, I said it!
Absolutely no offense taken! I appreciate that you took the time to comment so extensively on it. I dont often clone things out of pics so Im a little rusty on it, especially something as extensive as that but I may just give it a go and see how it turns out. Thank you again I sincerely appreciate the suggestion.

Al

---------- Post added 10-24-19 at 03:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Wow, what a beautifully documentary image! Nature at work, a moment of the process caught and frozen for us to see. And so sharp!
Im hoping to catch a few moments when the other pods open on a windy day... Thank you!
10-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote

IMGP4453
Even though the seeds are static, it certainly still give you the sense that they are about to lift off.
10-25-2019, 02:56 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swip Quote
Even though the seeds are static, it certainly still give you the sense that they are about to lift off.
Thank you! It was the best I could do... which worked out ok. The wind was just too strong.. The few that actual got airborn were whipped away before I could lock on the pic. I will be spending more time with these and seeing if I can actually catch them in flight.. always wanted to do a pic like that.

Al