Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Rapids of Riviere du Diable in long exposure.
Lens: Samyang 35mm Camera: K1 Mark II Photo Location: Mont-Tremblant, Qc ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: ramiot, 10-24-2019, 12:34 PM

Both photo taken in long exposure, which do you prefer???

Last edited by ramiot; 10-02-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Views: 219
10-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Nice shots! I prefer the first one, by far. The second one has, to my opinion, too many dark parts, and the stream isn't as beautiful, especially in the lower right.
10-25-2019, 12:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'll be contrary and say I like #2 better. The water over the rocks in the middle distance looks more interesting to me and I like the yellow tree and bigger sky. The streaking in the foreground water is also more dramatic in that photo.
10-25-2019, 12:15 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
First photo, it has a lot of a glow near the bottom of the photo.

Though if photo 2's bottom was cropped to focus more up river, that would be my favorite

10-25-2019, 02:03 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
I'll be contrary and say I like #2 better. The water over the rocks in the middle distance looks more interesting to me and I like the yellow tree and bigger sky. The streaking in the foreground water is also more dramatic in that photo.
nosliwmit, you took the words right out of my mouth: I also think the water looks better(in the second shot), and I like the yellow tree on the left, gives contrast to the darker sections. I also prefer the perspective of the second shot.

So, ramiot, have we sufficiently confused you?

(Both shots are very nice, by the way)