Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Glacial erratic sunrise
Lens: Hasselblad XCD 21mm Camera: Hasselblad X1D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 10-25-2019, 02:17 PM

The receding tide uncovers the landscape as the ocean shies away from these glacial erratic boulders, leaving them on dry ground for us to portray. Sunrise at Corrie, Isle of Arran, 8 seconds exposure with the Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.



Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Views: 579
10-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
pbancr's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Essex, Connecticut
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,951
Fabulous! Can’t think of a single thing that could be improved. A wall hanger for sure!
10-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Archimedes the Dog's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,131
This is fantastic! The dynamic range is perfect and the colors are marvelous. When you capture images like this regularly*, the Hasselblad is a worthy investment. Thanks for sharing!!

*and you definitely do

Last edited by Archimedes the Dog; 10-25-2019 at 02:54 PM.
10-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
brewmaster15's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 1,164
Wow, Thats a really beautiful image. Inspiring! I looked up Corrie, Isle of Arran as I had not heard of it before... looks like a very scenic area. Thanks for sharing!
Al

10-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 256
Second all the above superlatives. If this is par for the course for this Hasselblad outfit, it appears to be worth the big bucks.
10-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K2 to K50's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ipswich QLD Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,209
Beautiful image. Love the moss/lichen/ whatever in the foreground and on the rocks - just adds that extra bit to the dynamics of the image.
10-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Location: WA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 166
Agreed with previous comments. Love the colors in both the foreground as well as the sunrise.
10-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
swip's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,850
Excellent capture.

10-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Durban
Posts: 846
Wow! A beautiful scene, well-captured! TFS.
Best.
10-25-2019, 10:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Leumas's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 452
That is a superbly captured photo you got there
10-25-2019, 11:46 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
The Madshutter's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Ginesio
Posts: 1,005
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Fabulous! Canít think of a single thing that could be improved. A wall hanger for sure!
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
This is fantastic! The dynamic range is perfect and the colors are marvelous. When you capture images like this regularly*, the Hasselblad is a worthy investment. Thanks for sharing!!

*and you definitely do
Thank you very much, glad you liked it! About the equipment, I just love the little X1D, such an amazing tool. As an old Pentax 645D & 645Z user, having the same incredible sensor of the 645Z in a smaller, lighter package with modern and great optics is just perfect - my back thanks me for that!

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Wow, Thats a really beautiful image. Inspiring! I looked up Corrie, Isle of Arran as I had not heard of it before... looks like a very scenic area. Thanks for sharing!
Al
Thank you very much Ali, glad you enjoyed it! Yes, the Isle of Arran is definitely Scotland's hidden gem for me, and I can't wait to go back there in March!

QuoteOriginally posted by Buckeyemikie Quote
Second all the above superlatives. If this is par for the course for this Hasselblad outfit, it appears to be worth the big bucks.
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! I love the little X1D, suits my workflow perfectly!

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Beautiful image. Love the moss/lichen/ whatever in the foreground and on the rocks - just adds that extra bit to the dynamics of the image.
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by JTninja Quote
Agreed with previous comments. Love the colors in both the foreground as well as the sunrise.
Thank you very much indeed!

QuoteOriginally posted by swip Quote
Excellent capture.
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie Victor Quote
Wow! A beautiful scene, well-captured! TFS.
Best.
Thank you very much, glad you liked it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Leumas Quote
That is a superbly captured photo you got there
Thank you very much indeed!

Best regards,

Vieri
10-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
kiwi_jono's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,985
Oh very nice! I like how the sun balances the green weed in the opposed 1/3 of the image.
10-29-2019, 06:52 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Photos: Albums
Posts: 435
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
The receding tide uncovers the landscape as the ocean shies away from these glacial erratic boulders, leaving them on dry ground for us to portray. Sunrise at Corrie, Isle of Arran, 8 seconds exposure with the Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.



Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Beautiful!
10-29-2019, 02:27 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
vector's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alberta
Posts: 199
Really beautiful image.
10-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #15
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 196
Beautiful shot, love the sky.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, formatt-hitech, glacial, hasselblad, isle of arran, landscape, photo, scotland, seascape, sunrise, workshop
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Jokulsarlon's glacial lagoon, Iceland The Madshutter Post Your Photos! 25 11-20-2019 03:27 AM
ME Super erratic shutter speed Vendee Pentax Film SLR Discussion 5 06-23-2017 08:19 AM
Glacial Ice slowpez Monthly Photo Contests 2 07-06-2014 04:47 AM
DA* 55mm/1.4--Erratic focusing robgo2 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 67 09-22-2011 08:03 PM
GX20/K20D Shake Reduction OIS SR erratic operation chhayanat Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 07-15-2011 11:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top