Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

DSLR as point and shoot snapshooter
Posted By: Igilligan, 10-17-2008, 02:40 PM

I handed the K100 and tamy 28-75 to my friends daughter to take a snap of her dad and I... showed her how to zoom to frame and half-press to get focus. I think it came out ok... (wish my wife would use it more often cause I am never in the pics!)

ps.. Of course I am the one on top! haha

She is a very funny girl and gave this 'cartoon' face when her dad was trying to figure out how to take a pic with my camera...

And here is a snap or two of my kids with the vivi 105

And 2 more with the 28-75

Thanks for looking...
Views: 3,414
10-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
And I thought your avatars was a portraits was of you, very cleverly done

cheers
I always thought it was a prop or costume piece from a horror flick.

10-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #17
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Great shots Gus, you have a talent with those kind of shots (as well as macros!). That last shot, that tongue is just screaming out to have some PP work done on it.
Oh Gary you are too nice... talent has little to do with it... shoot a 100 to get 1 that is my talent But thank you for the kind words...

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
And I thought your avatars was a portraits was of you, very cleverly done

I wish I was that good lookin'

cheers
QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
I always thought it was a prop or costume piece from a horror flick.
I am not sure what the wax head was actually used for but the detail was amazing... As a piece of artwork, it is pretty detailed, but a bit scary.
The eyebrows could be mine though!
Poor old thing had been banged aroung a bit over the years, but haven't we all?

10-21-2008, 04:29 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote

I cant wait until mine are old enough to pass some of my cameras to...
My kids are 13 and 14...well old enough to pass a camera to. They both act like they'd rather touch a turd than a camera.

I envy you folks who can get anybody in the family to give a damn.
10-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
My kids are 13 and 14...well old enough to pass a camera to. They both act like they'd rather touch a turd than a camera.

I envy you folks who can get anybody in the family to give a damn.
you should see the blankness descend over my wife's face when I start talking about focal lengths, and apertures, etc (but she's the one who asked why I need another new lens!) .

10-22-2008, 02:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
you should see the blankness descend over my wife's face when I start talking about focal lengths, and apertures, etc (but she's the one who asked why I need another new lens!) .
Mine used to get annoyed because there are close to two dozen cameras here....and not a one she could use.

She called me up at work one day because she needed to take a couple of photos of my daughter real quick. I asked what the weather was like, then explained how to take photos with a Yashica D twin-lens reflex over the phone. I asked about the weather so I could tell her how to set the exposure. I figured I'd be lucky if I talked her through shooting a picture....I wasn't about to push my luck with explaining how to use a handheld light meter.

Fortunately, we now have the K100D which serves as the family glorified P&S.