Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
DSLR as point and shoot snapshooter
Posted By: Igilligan, 10-17-2008, 02:40 PM

I handed the K100 and tamy 28-75 to my friends daughter to take a snap of her dad and I... showed her how to zoom to frame and half-press to get focus. I think it came out ok... (wish my wife would use it more often cause I am never in the pics!)

ps.. Of course I am the one on top! haha

She is a very funny girl and gave this 'cartoon' face when her dad was trying to figure out how to take a pic with my camera...

And here is a snap or two of my kids with the vivi 105

And 2 more with the 28-75

Thanks for looking...
Views: 3,070
10-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You know, if you had let her have her "funny face" she wouldn't be all teary eyed?!? lol
10-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
JMR
Veteran Member

These are very good snaps. Really like the one in the water. Only many years later will your daughter appreciate the crying photo. Good luck to you in the interim ;>)
10-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think these are all great photos! I specially like the face within the bubbles!

10-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Good stuff Gus. You should hand her the camera more often.....she handles it very well. Of course, having good subjects to shoot always helps.
10-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to cry because mine isnt in color.

Sharp, excellant photo's. Have one Grand Daughter that is interested in photography. Any time I am going on a photo excursion and she is avalable to go, she will use one of my cameras and see some things which I would no notice and stop to shoot. jim
10-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
jeffkpotter

Ha! I love the insanity of no.2, and the evocative sadness of the last one, but so many speak to me. Great stuff!
10-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Gus, these shots are truely wonderful. The funny face made me laugh and the one with the bubbles it fantastic. It is a new perspective on the blackmail bath shots we all have of our kids. Thanks for sharing these.

BTW the crying one is great also.

10-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Raw innocent emotion on the last great capture

cheers
10-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #10

Very nice photos indeed. When I see shots like that, it reminds me that I need to work on my portrait skills.
10-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Gus, you are handsome! Where the heck did you pick up your avitar? ;-)
I love the shot of your daughter in the bubbles. And the last one is absolutely priceless! Thanks for sharing these I enjoyed them all.
10-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #12
Igilligan

Thank you all for words of support

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
You know, if you had let her have her "funny face" she wouldn't be all teary eyed?!? lol
She was really just postering for an ice cream and I said no... I snapped this just before the teardrops fell... SHE GOT the ICE CREAM

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
These are very good snaps. Really like the one in the water. Only many years later will your daughter appreciate the crying photo. Good luck to you in the interim ;>)
No kidding, they are both refusing to let me take pics of them when I ask, so I think the 70-200 2.8 may be my only hope...

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I think these are all great photos! I specially like the face within the bubbles!
I really like that series, I just grabbed my camera when I saw her floating in the bubbles, and the series 1 macro was on it. Came out ok for a manual lens...

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Good stuff Gus. You should hand her the camera more often.....she handles it very well. Of course, having good subjects to shoot always helps.
I would but she just got her first car.... we will probably never see her again... At least that is the way it was back in my day...

QuoteOriginally posted by jmc7104 Quote

I'm going to cry because mine isnt in color.

Sharp, excellant photo's. Have one Grand Daughter that is interested in photography. Any time I am going on a photo excursion and she is avalable to go, she will use one of my cameras and see some things which I would no notice and stop to shoot. jim
I cant wait until mine are old enough to pass some of my cameras to... They just see the world very different from us... and that is a good thing.
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
Igilligan

THANKS you all

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Ha! I love the insanity of no.2, and the evocative sadness of the last one, but so many speak to me. Great stuff!
Thanks Jeff, the last one is one of my fave shots of the Menace... Those teardrops are just about to fall... She is really working me lately with the pouting and crying to get her way... And you can see from that shot she is very good at it!

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Gus, these shots are truely wonderful. The funny face made me laugh and the one with the bubbles it fantastic. It is a new perspective on the blackmail bath shots we all have of our kids. Thanks for sharing these.

BTW the crying one is great also.
Oh so you have some blackmail shots too??? I cant wait until they are old enough to actually use them

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Raw innocent emotion on the last great capture

cheers
Thank you for the comment, as I mentioned she is very good at it....

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark2100 Quote
Very nice photos indeed. When I see shots like that, it reminds me that I need to work on my portrait skills.
You are too kind...

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Gus, you are handsome! Where the heck did you pick up your avitar? ;-)
I love the shot of your daughter in the bubbles. And the last one is absolutely priceless! Thanks for sharing these I enjoyed them all.
Well thanks LaRee, that is very sweet of you to say... I have recently lost 35-ish lbs and about 10 of those must have been in my face, cause I can now see a hint of my old dimples....

That avatar is a wax head for some Art Deco show that I managed...

I finally finished the bubble series and this one ended up being my fave... just for the attitude!!!
10-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
Damn Brit

Great shots Gus, you have a talent with those kind of shots (as well as macros!). That last shot, that tongue is just screaming out to have some PP work done on it.
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #15
Veteran Member

And I thought your avatars was a portraits was of you, very cleverly done

cheers