Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Morning at the Pond
Lens: DA 16-85 Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Northern Michigan ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: ToddK, 10-27-2019, 02:53 PM

This is from three exposures processed with Photomatix Pro. I was concerned about the outcome considering how windy it was, but the software handled it pretty well.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 514
10-27-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice shot. I especially like the reflection of the cloud on the water. Well done!
10-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
Nice shot. I especially like the reflection of the cloud on the water. Well done!
Thanks Bertrand! If only the wind had not been blowing, the reflection would have been stunning had the water been calmer.
10-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This is from three exposures processed with Photomatix Pro. I was concerned about the outcome considering how windy it was, but the software handled it pretty well.
nice photo of this place despite the wind {we can see waves on the water} - but I wonder if I would have liked to actually be there.

10-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like a beautiful morning to me. I love Northern Michigan, beautiful country.
10-28-2019, 01:03 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
nice photo of this place despite the wind {we can see waves on the water} - but I wonder if I would have liked to actually be there.
I have to tell you, the weather degraded each day that we were there. We were about 15 miles away from Lake Michigan and we got constant wind and lake-effect rain off and on. Last Wednesday when we left it was 40 degrees and raining steadily. Fortunately the Saturday before it was 60 degrees and not raining, because our niece was married at an outdoor wedding. I think she was crazy to do it, but she got away with it
QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
Looks like a beautiful morning to me. I love Northern Michigan, beautiful country.
It was an okay day, certainly good enough for me to get out and enjoy some photography.
10-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #7

The clouds on the water are nice but weirdly bight in the sky? I like it.

10-28-2019, 01:33 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DasKaltblut Quote
The clouds on the water are nice but weirdly bight in the sky? I like it.
Thanks for the comment! The sun was in that direction behind the clouds, so I guess it lit them up where they thinned down. I did a three-shot HDR so I could have toned them down a bit, but it is pretty close to the way I remember the scene.