Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nose bleed seats at Fedex Stadium
Posted By: Eastern Shore Charlie, 10-17-2008, 04:59 PM

I did not realize how high we were until I saw the vendor selling oxygen bottles
Even though my team lost I had a great time. My first professional football game....people were funny...and it was great to root for the home team. They lost in the last 4 seconds of the game.....oh well....
I had to take my fisheye to get the shot of the whole stadium. Always like those shots of stadiums with the fisheye and thought I would give it a try. The rest were with my longest lens the Pentax 55-300 so I could at least get some shots of the field.....No clouds and sunny as can be....so speed was not a problem. I liked the way the cheerleader shadows were on the field so I decided to try the shot in B&W. My wife doesn't believe me about the shadows.....

Last edited by Eastern Shore Charlie; 11-30-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Views: 3,080
10-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I like the last one of the whole stadium. 10-17mm Fisheye?? What was the exif? Again nice shot, my favorite of the group.
10-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah I almost got a nose bleed from looking at that last shot. I especially like the shadow detail of the cheer leader shots. jim
10-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 68wSteve Quote
I like the last one of the whole stadium. 10-17mm Fisheye?? What was the exif? Again nice shot, my favorite of the group.
Liked this shot too...way to far up in those seats for the rest, but the 55-300 did alright...The fisheye is the Pentax 10-17@ 10mm, 1/1600 sec/ F 5.0.

10-18-2008, 03:33 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, those are very good photos, I'd be proud to make any one of those.

Eh, why do you call them "nose bleed" seats? Sorry not from any where near you so the question re: idiom.

And do you happen to have a plane in the sky in the stadium photo? I can't make it out cause the screen on this laptop is badly scratched and it's 4 years old.

I would suppose you were wishing for something longer. That would have been far more useful than oxygen bottles. How long does it take for you to get from the vehicle to the seats and vice versa?
10-18-2008, 04:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dang... Nosebleed seats is right! Looks like your were sitting on top of the lights. LOL Nice shots.

Did they not give you any problems about the camera and the long lens?
10-18-2008, 05:13 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by paugie Quote
And do you happen to have a plane in the sky in the stadium photo? I can't make it out
Yeah, what is that thing in the sky??? Is this another UFO shot?

10-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #8
Veteran Member

sorry about your team and the seats but that last shot is great!!
10-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paugie Quote
Yes, those are very good photos, I'd be proud to make any one of those.

Eh, why do you call them "nose bleed" seats? Sorry not from any where near you so the question re: idiom.

And do you happen to have a plane in the sky in the stadium photo? I can't make it out cause the screen on this laptop is badly scratched and it's 4 years old.

Yes they are harrier jet flying overhead. Nose bleed seats because you are so high your nose starts to bleed...not really about the bleeding part just a long way up there to those seats.

I would suppose you were wishing for something longer. That would have been far more useful than oxygen bottles. How long does it take for you to get from the vehicle to the seats and vice versa?
I would say 25 - 35 minutes of brisk walking up the ramp. It took us an 1 hour to find the car....

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Dang... Nosebleed seats is right! Looks like your were sitting on top of the lights. LOL Nice shots.
I counted 9 rows from the top.....the bleacher bums up there were quite funny...had a good time but would not want to be there in the middle of November...

Did they not give you any problems about the camera and the long lens?
I had the fisheye on the camera and the 55-300 in the lens pouch that meet the small purse size...no hassles at all.

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
sorry about your team and the seats but that last shot is great!!
Thanks.....that is a shot that will get printed....
10-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Great shots! When I scrolled down to the last shot I think the words outta my mouth were something along the lines of "Religieous Fornication" I know America has 10 times our population but the crowds you get to a football game just astound me.
10-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Excellent love the last one as well. On my bucket list (NFL game) - nosebleeds or not still very cool to be there. ( I have been at a Canadian Football game in Commonwealth Stadium - seats about 60k I was in row 89 - row 91 was the top - flet like Bob Uker )