Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Traces of the preparation of a beaver preparing for the winter
Lens: smc PENTAX 40/2.8 XS Camera: K-01 Photo Location: Russia, South Taiga, the Alsma river ISO: 400 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Chetverovod, 10-29-2019, 09:42 PM

The beaver prepares food for the winter. He tumbled down the tree and, as seen in the third image, divided it into several parts. By piles of chips - we see in what places he cut a lying tree. He dragged part of the branches into the water at the storage site. And he ate the bark from the remaining trunk.

Views: 203
10-29-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have very limited knowledge of beavers so it is amazing to see how industrious they are. Thanks for sharing.
10-30-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another great series. A diet of bark doesn't appeal to me but they certainly are industrious animals. I have a book called "Three against the wilderness" about a family who made the living by trapping in Canada in 1920-30. They reintroduced beavers to the area where they lived and recorded the changes as the beavers became established. It is a fascinating story.
10-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
I have very limited knowledge of beavers so it is amazing to see how industrious they are. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you)

---------- Post added 10-30-19 at 10:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Another great series. A diet of bark doesn't appeal to me but they certainly are industrious animals. I have a book called "Three against the wilderness" about a family who made the living by trapping in Canada in 1920-30. They reintroduced beavers to the area where they lived and recorded the changes as the beavers became established. It is a fascinating story.
Thank you, for information. It looks like this book was translated to russian 1971. Very interesting!

10-30-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

busy as a beaver , that's some Lodge he is building
10-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chetverovod Quote
The beaver prepares food for the winter. He tumbled down the tree and, as seen in the third image, divided it into several parts. By piles of chips - we see in what places he cut a lying tree. He dragged part of the branches into the water at the storage site. And he ate the bark from the remaining trunk.
Your first and last photos show that the beavers have certainly picked a lovely place in which to live in.
10-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Your first and last photos show that the beavers have certainly picked a lovely place in which to live in.
Thank you)