Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
The Ultimate Bird House
Posted By: Dewman, 11-05-2019, 01:44 PM

I built this about 7 or 8 years ago and it's been a great bird photo lure. As long as I keep food in the hopper, they'll keep on keepin' on. The seeds that fall on the ground attracts the doves and squirrels.

I drilled some holes in the post and stuck some tree limbs in it for the birds to perch on. I also put a frame on the fence in the background so I can vary the background colors in the shots. The actual shooting distance, from lens to birds is less than 12 feet. I pull the draperies up around the camera lens so that's the only thing showing from the outside.

Last edited by Dewman; 01-28-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Views: 819
11-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's got room for the mother-in-laws, the weird cousin, the annoying brother-in-law and the aunt that won't shut up

Seriously, very nice and very elaborate! No wonder you have so many nice bird pictures.

11-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How is it kept so clean?
11-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swip Quote
How is it kept so clean?
Lots of snow in the winter and rain in the spring seem to keep it clean.
« Shadow | Long Necks »