Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Restaurant Dracula
Lens: Helios 44-2 Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Sovata, Mures county, Romania ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F2 
Posted By: szobraszocsi, 11-13-2019, 09:59 AM

Using live view it,s easier to focus the manual lens. The camera performs werry well. For me the camera was selected after almost one year of comparing cameras picture quality. It had the satisfying specs for me at a reasonible price.
Not happy with the SMC 50mm f1.4, because i can't see where the focus is thru the viewfinder.
But its a stay for the lens for its sharpness at 2.8-5.6.
This photo is only a presentation of existancy- not well focused, nor sharp. But as a picture taken with a camera that is almost 10 years old used for 2 years in every situations, never let me down.
Not wishing for another camera!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 236
11-13-2019, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #2
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shot. Seems like an interesting place to get a bite.
11-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by szobraszocsi Quote
For me the camera was selected after almost one year of comparing cameras picture quality. It had the satisfying specs for me at a reasonible price.
I still own my K-5 that I bought new not long after it was released. I find it remarkable that a camera released nine years ago still gives such a good account of itself in terms of image quality, general performance and build quality. When members here ask for advice on an inexpensive camera to replace their K10D, K20D etc., or even a K-50 with faulty aperture mechanism, I usually recommend the K-5 series
11-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by szobraszocsi Quote
This photo is only a presentation of existancy- not well focused, nor sharp. But as a picture taken with a camera that is almost 10 years old used for 2 years in every situations, never let me down.
Not wishing for another camera!
The photo seems to be focused on the portrait on the back wall - so you should not blame the camera for not focusing well - the DOF is very shallow @ f/2.