Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Homer Parasails
Lens: Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Homer, Alaska ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F32 
Posted By: GRB, 11-21-2019, 11:58 AM

This is a beach shot at Homer, Alaska. I hope those are dry suits they're wearing.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 492
11-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Crazy to go out in that cold water. I like the balance in your composition, one center, one left, one right.
11-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #3
GRB
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Crazy to go out in that cold water. I like the balance in your composition, one center, one left, one right.
Thanks, these folks are not exactly well balance.
11-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aw, even up there, the seawater temps can be tolerated when properly dressed. It's a virtual certainty they are in drysuits, with sufficient insulated undergarments for the temp. There are folks out there fishing from kayaks and even diving (as tides and currents allow) with that kind of gear. I have dove in our southern waters when the water temp was about 45-48F, and I was nice and warm with minimal 'stuff' under my drysuit. These guys would just have thicker undergarments.

I never knew being unbalanced was a requirement, but I'd say I might possibly maybe could check that box off...

12-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GRB Quote
This is a beach shot at Homer, Alaska. I hope those are dry suits they're wearing.
Looks like it might be cold. I took a motorcycle trip up past Homer, but that was in Sept.
12-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #6

I think a breaching Whale would be like hitting a wall.....or an Orca Pod...out and about would make me a little uneasy out in those open waters. Gotta love adventure though. Balance....the ups and downs of risk vs living the moment. Nice shot of adventure on the high seas.
01-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Looks like a lot of fun.