Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Dangerous woodland photos
Posted By: Sight1, 11-21-2019, 06:11 PM

Skunks visit at midnight, photo opportunity.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Views: 948
11-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You would have never got the smell off of the camera and lens if he had sprayed you I could see the listing on the marketplace...good condition, slight skunky smell!

When I lived on New Mexico we had one spray in our yard in the middle of the night and the smell woke us from a dead sleep. The house we were in had a swamp cooler for cooling and it basically was sucking in air from outside. The wife and I both woke at the same time, both of us looking at the other, like "what did you do" and then instantly realizing what it was.

Nice shot. I'm really surprised the flash didn't set him off!

Last edited by 7.62lew; 11-22-2019 at 04:59 PM.
11-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
You would have never got the smell off of the camera and lens if he had sprayed you I could see the listing on the marketplace...good condition, slight skunky smell!

When I lived on New Mexico we had one spray in our yard in the middle of the night and the smell woke us from a dead sleep. The house we were in had a swamp cooler for cooling and it basically was sucking in air from outside. The wife and I both woke at the same time, both of us looking at the other, like "what did you do" and then instantly realizing what it was.

Nice shot. I'm really surprised the flash didn't set him off!
Been there with my dog much bathing required nice post...what did you do? Hahaha !
11-22-2019, 07:53 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sight1 Quote
Been there with my dog much bathing required nice post...what did you do? Hahaha !
Luckily it wasn't a direct shot, so a few days of letting the house air out and it wasn't too bad.

Man your dog had to be going crazy with the smell (you too no doubt)😣
11-23-2019, 05:06 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
Luckily it wasn't a direct shot, so a few days of letting the house air out and it wasn't too bad.

Man your dog had to be going crazy with the smell (you too no doubt)😣
It was a hot July night...my dog spooked the skunk in a bush...he got off easy...however the window to a persons room was wide open...thus the stink headed indoors no doubt, window was right above this smelly collision, needless we bucked it outa there! I did feel guilty momentarily.