the rivertribe chief
Posted By: ignath, 11-24-2019, 08:59 AM

please see large
Views: 568
01-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #16
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With prey tending to have B&W vision, the success of these felines should be successful.

01-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #17
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When I looked at the thumbnail picture, I thought this was a tiger. Then I entered the thread, and indeed, it was! I was entering the realm of this ruler of the rivertribe. Every hair sharp and in place, the piercing stare of command. Come forward, lowly one.

Excellent textural separation of the cat and the background, even though the light values are similar. Very good animal portrait, capturing the inner feline qualities. Thanks.
01-06-2020, 04:20 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Thats a really great image of a tough looking feline.i like the textures through out it. I had to laugh at the chosen title"the rivertribe chief" .Theres a book series about wild cats (Warriors)that live in clans and one of the clans is the "the river clan".. Your image captures the spirit of what those cats look like.
Al
01-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
With prey tending to have B&W vision, the success of these felines should be successful.
and by that we can assume that b/w is natural choice for taking cat pics

---------- Post added 01-06-20 at 11:20 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
When I looked at the thumbnail picture, I thought this was a tiger. Then I entered the thread, and indeed, it was! I was entering the realm of this ruler of the rivertribe. Every hair sharp and in place, the piercing stare of command. Come forward, lowly one.

Excellent textural separation of the cat and the background, even though the light values are similar. Very good animal portrait, capturing the inner feline qualities. Thanks.
!thanks a lot, TedH42. he was looking quite tough, but was very friendly

---------- Post added 01-06-20 at 11:23 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Thats a really great image of a tough looking feline.i like the textures through out it. I had to laugh at the chosen title"the rivertribe chief" .Theres a book series about wild cats (Warriors)that live in clans and one of the clans is the "the river clan".. Your image captures the spirit of what those cats look like.
Al
!appreciated nice coincidence, i had no idea about such book, the title came from simple fact that i met him while walking along the bank of Daugava river and because he looked chiefly enough.

01-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Great, low angle...we can see the cat from the perspective of a mouse...and very good choice of f-stop...good bokeh behind the tabby.
01-07-2020, 02:13 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great, low angle...we can see the cat from the perspective of a mouse...and very good choice of f-stop...good bokeh behind the tabby.
!thank you, lesmore49