Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Late season pollenator
Lens: FA 50mm F2.8 macro Camera: K10d Photo Location: Richardson, TX ISO: 280 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: redmenace, 11-24-2019, 01:51 PM

Playing with my new-to-me K10d. (Lordy this thing's heavy!)
Views: 505
11-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
GRB
Pentaxian

I miss my K10D, well done.
11-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GRB Quote
I miss my K10D, well done.
Thanks! It seems like a nice piece of kit. And I need to do some learning and practice no matter what, so a new toy helps with encouragement.
11-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been able to get some very pleasing results with my K10D - Apet-Sure's Album: Nature-K10D - PentaxForums.com

In addition to the Pentax user manual, my used K10D came with the K10D Magic Lantern Guide by Peter Burian. It's as big as the user manual, and has additional tips and tricks that I found quite useful. It's available on Amazon for about $12; well worth it.

You say the camera is heavy. I say it is substantial, solidly built. A matter of perspective.

There is a K10D users group here on the forum - K10D Users - PentaxForums.com

Enjoy your camera, and post more pictures!

11-24-2019, 06:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I've been able to get some very pleasing results with my K10D - Apet-Sure's Album: Nature-K10D - PentaxForums.com

In addition to the Pentax user manual, my used K10D came with the K10D Magic Lantern Guide by Peter Burian. It's as big as the user manual, and has additional tips and tricks that I found quite useful. It's available on Amazon for about $12; well worth it.

You say the camera is heavy. I say it is substantial, solidly built. A matter of perspective.

There is a K10D users group here on the forum - K10D Users - PentaxForums.com

Enjoy your camera, and post more pictures!
Thank you, this is great information! Your nature photos are beautiful, BTW. I hope to get close to that level eventually.

The weight honestly didn't even register until I was swapping lenses around with my *ist DS2. With any luck that will translate to a long service life!
11-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice capture. I picked up a used FA 50mm f2.8 macro earlier this year, and I absolutely love it. It is such a versatile lens, I use it for macro, but also when walking around photographing flower, plants, etc.
11-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redmenace Quote
Your nature photos are beautiful, BTW. I hope to get close to that level eventually.
Thank you, but I hope you exceed my 'level', since my keeper rate is usually pretty low. Shoot, shoot, shoot; delete, delete, delete. Shoot, shoot, shoot; delete, delete, delete. Shoot, shoot shoot; delete, delete, hey that one's not too bad.