Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Shadows and Mirrors
Lens: SMC Pentax-F 4-5.6 35-80mm Camera: Pentax K-7 ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Gorgarath, 11-26-2019, 09:54 PM

I wanted to try out my new-to-me K-7 just to make sure everything was in working order. This is my first SLR camera, so I have a lot to learn yet. Shot in RAW and exported from Lightroom 3. (Bought it years ago when I was planning on buying a camera but never did.) Didn't touch anything other than set the WB to florescent.

While not a spectacular image, and somewhat lackadaisically captured, I figured I'd share my first image with you all. It hopefully will only get better from here.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 542
11-26-2019, 11:24 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great detail for low light.
11-27-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Great detail for low light.
Thanks! I'm rather pleased with how that turned out with as little as I know about setting aperture/ISO/etc. I don't normally use the lamp next to the wall, but the other lamp's bright setting isn't working. When looking around the room through the viewfinder I noticed the shadows the mirrors were casting and tried a few quick shots.

I didn't want to go green mode, though might not be a bad idea just to learn what the camera would select so I can get a better understanding of what to set for different settings.