Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
who likes snakes?
Posted By: Katfsh, 11-30-2019, 10:43 AM

There were about ten total snakes when i first lifted the board...I was not ready!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 954
12-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't blame you for not being ready for that!

12-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
You will get quite the reaction from some people if you go to Narcisse, north of Winnipeg, next May and post some photos from the snake pits there. My only photos are slides, but there are literally thousands of garter snakes in shallow limestone pits having their spring mating orgy.
Quite right.

I've been there, once in the spring, about 30 years ago when our daughter was about 2 and as you say 1000's of snakes. We are planning to go in 2020. I read some of the info that Narcisse maybe one of the largest groupings of snakes, if not the largest conglomeration of snakes in the world and as a result is a very attractive place for herpetologists to go to study snakes.

As you know, being a fellow prairie resident, there are lot of things to see in our three prairie provinces. We make the run between Winnipeg and Medicine Hat along the trans Canada about 3 times a year visiting relatives.....and right around the western part of Saskatchewan, eastern part of Alberta...I've always got my Sigma 150-500 and K5 at the ready, in case we come across any Pronghorn...and Buffalo (ranch raised) .