Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Twilight train and passenger
Lens: HD PENTAX D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW Camera: PENTAX K-1 Mark II Photo Location: Sapporo Train Station ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Karen the Star, 12-03-2019, 01:50 AM

I rent a K-1 markII and star70-200 to shoot this,

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by photolady95; 12-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Views: 542
12-03-2019, 01:56 AM - 1 Like   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It deserves to be selected. That is a very nice shot. The colour of the train is a great focal point.
12-03-2019, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #3
Imp
Pentaxian

Great shot! I half feel that I wish the silhouettes were a bit better defined, perhaps not necessarily sharper but maybe just more separated. Like if the background plane with the train was brighter, while the foreground remained in shadows? Curious to hear your thoughts. However I do love how the people are present without being a distraction.
12-04-2019, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
It deserves to be selected. That is a very nice shot. The colour of the train is a great focal point.
Thank you, this is the first time I use K1 mark 2, everyday is good except focus point had weight, ah, my back hurts

---------- Post added 12-04-19 at 09:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Great shot! I half feel that I wish the silhouettes were a bit better defined, perhaps not necessarily sharper but maybe just more separated. Like if the background plane with the train was brighter, while the foreground remained in shadows? Curious to hear your thoughts. However I do love how the people are present without being a distraction.
Yes, I use Spot metering to make this image purposefully, so when someone watch this, he/she could be focus on train, and shadows makes wacher guess what they are doing?
I want make shadow and train more separated however this is a zoom, teleport lens, and train was going fast, I capture this moment in 3seconds. No chance for me to use another lens and go closer for it

12-05-2019, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
Yes, I use Spot metering to make this image purposefully, so when someone watch this, he/she could be focus on train, and shadows makes wacher guess what they are doing?
I want make shadow and train more separated however this is a zoom, teleport lens, and train was going fast, I capture this moment in 3 seconds. No chance for me to use another lens and go closer for it
As someone who began by photographing American trains, even without knowing how fast your trains are in entering the station, I think you did exactly the right thing. You used a zoom lens so you could pick framing at the moment. The train is the important part; you focused on it, and let the people be photographed however is best. You might have made the photo 'better' in some eyes by focusing less on the train, but that would have meant focusing less on the train. The photo is fine just as it is.
12-05-2019, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
An eye-catching shot! Thanks for sharing.
Best.