Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Rose of Sharon
Lens: SMC PENTAX-F 35-80mm F4-5.6 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Pennsylvania ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Gorgarath, 12-04-2019, 03:55 PM

Taken after I got home while verifying the D-BG4 I acquired works. Processed and resized on the K-7.
(Originally posted on the K-7 Appreciation thread.)
Views: 583
12-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
very cool subject - well done, but I am very ready for summer already haha
12-04-2019, 07:49 PM - 1 Like   #3
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
very cool subject - well done, but I am very ready for summer already haha
Haha! It's not so bad yet. We've had a fairly mild first winter so far. I think this is the first snow that we've gotten that has actually stuck. I can remember many a year going Trick-or-Treating with snow pants and jacket under my costume as a kid. But I am definitely not looking forward to having to shovel again. I just hope we don't get much over night as I'm currently borrowing my dad's car, which doesn't have the best tires, while the exhaust manifold on my SUV is being replaced.
12-05-2019, 01:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great photo, although I too am ready for summer I would not mind a couple of nice winter days for these good photo opportunities.

12-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #5
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Great photo, although I too am ready for summer I would not mind a couple of nice winter days for these good photo opportunities.
Thank you so much! I wasn't too sure on the settings to use, but I'm trying to at least use P instead of full green mode, though I should probably use green mode for a bit just to learn what the camera would pick to get a better understanding of how to get a good quality picture.

I'm also still trying to figure out the whole "how to properly compose a picture to make it interesting" thing and thought I did a pretty decent job on composition on this one. I tried another angle with it on the other side of the frame, but it seemed a bit too busy on the left then as you get more blueberry bushes and lilac in the edge then.