Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
She looks like a soft touch
Lens: Pentax 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Camera: Pentax K-5 IIs Photo Location: Abbey gardens, Bury St Edmunds ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: sasastro, 12-06-2019, 02:33 PM

Views: 450
12-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More likely, she hopes you are a soft touch. My wife is retired now, but most of the time she worked at her last college, "first year" students were greeted by "Do Not Feed the Squirrels" signs after a squirrel climbed the leg of a workman thinking that he must have food somewhere.
12-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Urs
Pentaxian

Cool shot they are still shy in the area we live!
12-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
More likely, she hopes you are a soft touch. My wife is retired now, but most of the time she worked at her last college, "first year" students were greeted by "Do Not Feed the Squirrels" signs after a squirrel climbed the leg of a workman thinking that he must have food somewhere.
I would ignore said sign

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2019 at 15:57 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Urs Quote
Cool shot they are still shy in the area we live!
They are very people friendly in the Abbey Gardens, they will eat out of your hand

12-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very cute but it is not usually a good thing to habituate wild animals to being fed. Once they start thieving the problems begin.
12-07-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I used to feed the squirrels here more than I do now. Problem arose when I got sick and couldn't get out of bed to feed them, they started to come in my house looking for me. They climbed in through a hold in the kitchen window screen and ate my nephew's bread. They also came in my bedroom window that was open. That's when I decided they need to relearn how to hunt for food themselves and I stopped feeding them every day. I still throw peanuts and sunflower seeds out for them but it's not every day and it's not a lot. I stopped feeding them peanut butter.

This photo would be welcome in our thread started by a long time member, Rupert, who passed away not long ago, the thread is still alive and going strong.

Got Squirrel Shots? (In memorial of Rupert) - PentaxForums.com
12-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Very cute but it is not usually a good thing to habituate wild animals to being fed. Once they start thieving the problems begin.
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I used to feed the squirrels here more than I do now. Problem arose when I got sick and couldn't get out of bed to feed them, they started to come in my house looking for me. They climbed in through a hold in the kitchen window screen and ate my nephew's bread. They also came in my bedroom window that was open. That's when I decided they need to relearn how to hunt for food themselves and I stopped feeding them every day. I still throw peanuts and sunflower seeds out for them but it's not every day and it's not a lot. I stopped feeding them peanut butter.

This photo would be welcome in our thread started by a long time member, Rupert, who passed away not long ago, the thread is still alive and going strong.

Got Squirrel Shots? (In memorial of Rupert) - PentaxForums.com
The squirrels know how to fend for themselves, they tend to get a fed a lot in summer when there are tourists around, not so much in winter. Meanwhile I'll share the photo in Rupert's thread. I have quite a few squirrel shots, just need time to sort them

12-07-2019, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Cool shot! That squirrel is not shy at all.
12-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #9
Veteran Member

So cute! Thanks for sharing.