Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  
Osprey with Catch
Posted By: Qman, 12-08-2019, 04:48 PM

I saw this Osprey dive into the local pond out of the corner of my eye. There was no chance to get a photo. I walked around the pond, out onto the street, and my dog decided to sit down and refused to budge. He's big, so it's usually better to persuade him to move along rather than try to drag him. While waiting for him to make up his mind I glanced upward and found out that my dog was actually helping me out. He stopped right beside a telephone pole that had the osprey sitting on top. I shot a few photos, then when I looked at them later I noticed that the osprey still had its catch from the pond in its claw. The A* 300 is perfect for this sort of shot. It's hard to tell on these photos posted on the forum, but the photo is very sharp.

Views: 1,036
12-15-2019, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #16

Photos: Gallery
Looks good and sharp to me. Nice catch!

12-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jim Dandy Quote
Looks good and sharp to me. Nice catch!
Thanks!
01-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Qman Quote
I saw this Osprey dive into the local pond out of the corner of my eye. There was no chance to get a photo. I walked around the pond, out onto the street, and my dog decided to sit down and refused to budge. He's big, so it's usually better to persuade him to move along rather than try to drag him. While waiting for him to make up his mind I glanced upward and found out that my dog was actually helping me out. He stopped right beside a telephone pole that had the osprey sitting on top. I shot a few photos, then when I looked at them later I noticed that the osprey still had its catch from the pond in its claw. The A* 300 is perfect for this sort of shot. It's hard to tell on these photos posted on the forum, but the photo is very sharp.
Great shot!