Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Overhead Break!
Posted By: Larrymc, 12-08-2019, 06:35 PM

An extreme crop of a 172nd AW C-17A turning on to a tactical approach to JAN! This big ole bird can lose a lot of altitude fast!

Overhead Break
by Larry Mc, on Flickr
Views: 921
12-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
Great shot of an amazing aircraft. Was working flight test on another aircraft at Edwards AFB when they were doing the flight testing of the C17 in the early 1990's. Got to see a lot of cool things out there in the desert.Thanks for posting!
Many thanks, I appreciate your comment!! You are quite right it is an amazing aircraft and it pretty darn agile for such a big aircraft. I'll bet you enjoyed out there around Edwards!! Thanks for the visit!!

12-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great shot Larry! One of my good friends' son-in-law flies the C-17. He shared some photos of his plane on the ice in Antarctica a few years ago. They definitely get to do some cool things with the plane.
Thanks for the comment, Todd, I really appreciate it! As a former military pilot I have a lot of respect for the young guys who fly the aircraft! As you said they do get to do some cool stuff!!