Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Jays!
Posted By: reh321, 12-11-2019, 08:21 AM

Two days ago I looked out the window of our den from where I was typing here, and I noticed that a couple of Blue Jays had taken over the squirrel feeder for a moment, so I grabbed my KP and shot. A minute later, a squirrel chased the Jays off, so it is good that I grabbed the shot when I could. The Jays really like peanuts, so he was picking through the corn and other material that I had filled the feeder with, dumping most of it on the ground, but lovingly eating the peanuts-in-shell.

My KP was set up to take photos of the bird feeder, which is the reason for the settings I had used, but it was dripping out there, so the birds had largely gone away because the day was so gloomy - but the Jays and I were "there".

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 707
12-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
^ The KP's image quality is mind blowingly good. I'd have no problem setting the auto ISO from 100 to 25600 & using ISO 51200 in a pinch if I had one.
I think I will continue to use 12800 as my default ISO limit, but accidents like this do certainly add to my confidence in the KP ..... and for those waiting for the "K-3ii replacement" this should add to the anticipation. One thing we are learning all over again is that there is a limit of how much we can learn from specifications - some learning will have to come from actually using the thing, both intentional pushing and accidents like this one.

added: One other thought is that looking at these settings, it was darker outside than I realized, but even so the effectively f/8-f/9.5 lens did focus - Pentax does need to get credit for building better-focusing systems!

Last edited by reh321; 12-11-2019 at 03:50 PM.