Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Silver beauty
Lens: FA 77mm Camera: K-1 
Posted By: micromacro, 12-11-2019, 07:14 PM

Everyone knows that amateurs usually take pictures of cats I've been testing every new lens on my cats for years. I have tons of cats pictures.

Only today I realized that I became kind of skilled cat photographer when I did the full session with someone's cat. It's all about how easy it was. I knew exactly what to do, how to approach a cat, how to relax her, observe, wait, play, shoot...

And I enjoyed that session pretty much.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 313
12-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Everyone knows that amateurs usually take pictures of cats I've been testing every new lens on my cats for years. I have tons of cats pictures.

Only today I realized that I became kind of skilled cat photographer when I did the full session with someone's cat. It's all about how easy it was. I knew exactly what to do, how to approach a cat, how to relax her, observe, wait, play, shoot...

And I enjoyed that session pretty much.
Wow...those vertical pupils are enchanting, and otherworldly...almost Alien in appearance. Has the Star Wars....YODA ears to boot. Very uncommon cat indeed, Great to capture rare beings on this spinning rock. Well Done !! Love the high to low perspectives.
12-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
There is really sweet creature inside that Alien Unfortunately it was rainy day today, but the next time I want to shoot her under sunlight, her velvet skin will be silvery glowing.
12-11-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great photos of a hairless cat, Lana. The second one looks she's saying please stop pointing that object at me. And the last one, looks resigned, the first one just looks curious as to what you're doing and what that thing is you have..

12-11-2019, 08:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
There is really sweet creature inside that Alien Unfortunately it was rainy day today, but the next time I want to shoot her under sunlight, her velvet skin will be silvery glowing.
SPOCK.....would be proud to have his name on that INTERGALACTIC, INTELLIGENT, WISE, CLEVER, INTUITIVE, and SWEET SILVER SKINNED FELINE.
12-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
The second one looks she's saying please stop pointing that object at me. And the last one, looks resigned, the first one just looks curious as to what you're doing and what that thing is you have..
You got it just right, the second one was actually the last when I came too close on purpose knowing that she will not like it (my cats don't ), and after that I stop. She gave me the exact look like my cats do - go away

The first one was in the beginning after she got comfortable and playful. And the last one was on the middle, from the distance with the camera and me on the floor. ))

---------- Post added 12-11-19 at 08:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sight1 Quote
SPOCK.....would be proud to have his name on that INTERGALACTIC, INTELLIGENT, WISE, CLEVER, INTUITIVE, and SWEET SILVER SKINNED FELINE.
I will tell that the owner, she will like it
12-12-2019, 05:58 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She's a beautiful cat. Maybe we'll get to see more of her in the future, eh?
12-12-2019, 06:07 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great photos! She is unique and a real beauty.

12-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
She's a beautiful cat. Maybe we'll get to see more of her in the future, eh?
Absolutely. I will go back there when the sunlight will be bright.

---------- Post added 12-12-19 at 08:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great photos! She is unique and a real beauty.
Thanks!
12-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I thought you said a cat?

Joking aside, those are some great shots. Nailed the focus. The first shot is awesome!

I love Mr. Bigglesworth.