Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
NJ Second Sunday Camera Show
Posted By: Nesster, 10-22-2008, 06:28 AM

A bit disappointing photo series for the following reasons:
1) no photography inside permitted. So I can't show the piles and piles of photo related equipment, dealers, addicts... and my one photo of the entrance isn't all that good
2) since I was using the Yashica TL Electro-X I wanted to use the Yashinon DX 135/2.8 lens with it. This Yashinon is NOT one of Yashica's shining moments... at times the lens produces what can best be termed fog in the center of the image. This translates to poor contrast and color. Further, the bokeh isn't great.
3) I used Duane Reed ASA 400 film, which has a kind of old fashioned color rendition.

However, despite all that perhaps this is instructive... Some general photos in Wayne, NJ.

Views: 2,009
10-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can't help but wonder how many reluctant teens have been forcibly dragged to that furniture store by their mothers.....
10-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Nesster, I'm not used to seeing color photos from you. The photos from the Yashinon lens don't look that bad. The store sign and leaves look pretty good. Did you do some PP work on these images or are they straight scans of the prints?

BWT, I'm on my 2nd roll with the Electro-X. The 1st roll gets picked up today. It's been a while since I've shot film so I'm anxious to see how the photos turned out.
10-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, the scans (also Duane Reed, they do a good job with XP2 but less so with color) were typically washed out, so I duped & blended around 70-80% in 'multiply'. This darkens and deepens colors too. Oh, I should clarify: I don't pay for prints any longer - I get 'cd only' which puts the total price per roll to about $5.49.

Unfortunately when I did my 'lens testing' I was typically loose with my notes (ie. none!) but it did seem that the Yash 135 created a whitish film in the center of the image in the middle apertures. This was obvious when compared to the images from other lenses.