Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Murphy
Lens: Pentax-A 35mm 2.8 Camera: K7 Photo Location: North Carolina ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: 7.62lew, 12-19-2019, 10:11 PM

Here is one I always liked. Taken with my K7 in 2014. Murphy is still with us and belongs to my daughter and her husband. He lost a back leg as a pup. He fell out of the back of the truck on his first ride in a pickup. His second ride in a pickup was a trip to get neutered. For years afterwards, you could not get him near that pickup..."lets see, first time I lost a leg, second time I lost my>>>>, no way I getting anywhere close to that truck". He is quite the character.

[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 416
12-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
For years afterwards, you could not get him near that pickup!
I wonder why...

A nice and close shot, neat
12-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #3
GRB
Pentaxian

Simply put, I like Murphy.
12-20-2019, 05:04 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Here is one I always liked. Taken with my K7 in 2014. Murphy is still with us and belongs to my daughter and her husband. He lost a back leg as a pup. He fell out of the back of the truck on his first ride in a pickup. His second ride in a pickup was a trip to get neutered. For years afterwards, you could not get him near that pickup..."lets see, first time I lost a leg, second time I lost my>>>>, no way I getting anywhere close to that truck". He is quite the character.

[/url][/IMG]
I guess as men we can relate, pick-up trucks and church aisles have the same effect on me. Run like Hell !!

12-20-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I wouldn't want to get in a truck either!. Great shot.
12-20-2019, 10:04 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great portrait! Such kind eyes.
12-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks all. He is a kind dog and very good watch dog.

Two times he got out and was lost, one time for 3-4 days. We had posted on facebook to be on the look out for a three legged dog and were thinking he might have been gone for good. Someone called that they had saw him but he would not come. My son and daughter went down near where he was seen and started calling. When Murhpy recognized who it was, he came flying out of the woods and into the car. They said Murphy wimpered and cried all the way home. He is a very vocal dog.

We had been combing the area but never thought he would have been so far from home. He had traveled around 4 miles.

He is under close supervision now, so he doesn't pull a disappearing act again!

12-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #8

Thanks all. He is a kind dog and very good watch dog.

Two times he got out and was lost, one time for 3-4 days. We had posted on facebook to be on the look out for a three legged dog and were thinking he might have been gone for good. Someone called that they had saw him but he would not come. My son and daughter went down near where he was seen and started calling. When Murhpy recognized who it was, he came flying out of the woods and into the car. They said Murphy wimpered and cried all the way home. He is a very vocal dog.

We had been combing the area but never thought he would have been so far from home. He had traveled around 4 miles.

He is under close supervision now, so he doesn't pull a disappearing act again!
Guess he lives by Murphys Law....Glad to hear you experienced a happy ending...quite brazen for a three legged cowboy.
« Fungi | The Cruiser »