Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My stolen Honda Civic
Posted By: nupentaxian, 10-22-2008, 02:39 PM

My Honda civic was stolen yesterday. This is the second time in 6 mons or so. Last time they just took the stereo, I don't know about this time. I missed (and really need) my car . Here are couple pics of it.

Views: 5,711
10-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm really sorry to hear that. It totally sucks. Unfortunately the steering wheel and clutch inhibitors just slow them down. They cut the steering wheel or the clutch petal off and remove the anti theft device. Take 20 seconds longer and your car is gone. Only a garage with secrity will do these days.

I feel for you and the crap you'll hae to go through.

10-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
His stolen Honda Civic

QuoteOriginally posted by raz-0 Quote
Probably because, by the looks of a google search, the autolock uses a relativly cheap cylindrical lock.

You can pick it quickly with a pen.

Is That Possible? Pick A Lock With A Bic Pen ??? - Video

Locks keep honest people honest.
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd in another thread:

He he he! The funny thing is that my hobby is lockpicking
What a peculiar coincidence.

I'm sorry. I should not make jokes like this when something as disturbing and unsettling as this has occured.
10-23-2008, 07:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We have a one ton truck that we pull our 5th wheel trailer with. To keep the truck from being stolen and leaving us stranded some place, we had one of these installed:

Ravelco Anti Theft Device

They advertise in 32 years, a vehicle with their device installed has never been stolen.
10-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
We have a one ton truck that we pull our 5th wheel trailer with. To keep the truck from being stolen and leaving us stranded some place, we had one of these installed:

Ravelco Anti Theft Device

They advertise in 32 years, a vehicle with their device installed has never been stolen.
wow Tom, that looks impressive and so simple. I might have to start saving pennies, to get this for my westy.

10-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That sucks so badly, man. Sorry to hear that.

I hope you get it back soon. Or late. Anything as long as you get it back!

By the way, the Honda Civic is the most stolen car in the States. You might want to keep that in mind for your next vehicle purchase.

PS: Acura rims? Sneaky.
10-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #21

Original Poster
Glendale police left a message that they found my car and its at the tow yard now. I called the tow yard they said its not driveable by looking up from a computer but they don't know what is missing. I can't pick it up untill tomorrow morning I guess I'll know then.

hehe I don't mind the lockpicking statement I'm interested myself. I think the best way to prevent something from happening is from knowing how it works.

ftp: ya (92-95)honda civic is basically the same thing as (94+) acura integra. In fact, I have leather seats and the engine is from the Integra. I hope its still there when I pick it up tomorrow.

That Ravelco anti-theft is interesting. One thing i'm wondering is: are those 16 prongs unique? I mean if I have one of those can I use it to start another car?

No matter what, i'm gonna sell that car. Too much stress worrying if I'll see my car again everytime I park it.

Thanks guys for all the replies, especially those of possible security measures for the car. I'll snap some pics tomorrow at the tow yard.
10-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #22
Veteran Member

crazy - sorry about having your car stolen. That really bites. Hope you get some good news and you'll at least be able to unload it and get something else..

As far as those statistics go - I wonder what the allure behind stealing a honda civic is... it's not really like it's a flashy car? (although yours definitely looks like it's been customized quite a bit) - is it maybe that it's so common that it's not a high profile car so it's not easily spotted? Or is it because there's so many souped up with aftermarket stuff that it makes them targets? I'm just curious if anyone has insights on that.

10-24-2008, 05:42 AM   #23
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Or is it because there's so many souped up with aftermarket stuff that it makes them targets?
that's pretty much it my friend.
10-24-2008, 06:23 AM   #24
Inactive Account

I am so sorry to hear about your car, I hope there isn't too much damage.

In Australia, the most common target for car thieves is the Holden Commodore....(badged Chevrolet or Pontiac in America??)

guess what I own LOL, and yes I have had my fare share of thieves stop by too

It is a sad world that we live in!

x Mel
10-24-2008, 06:45 AM   #25
Banned

QuoteQuote:
That Ravelco anti-theft is interesting. One thing i'm wondering is: are those 16 prongs unique? I mean if I have one of those can I use it to start another car?
This is from the Ravelco website:
QuoteQuote:
'The Ravelco is keyed to your car

There are no master plugs for the Ravelco. You can be assured that only your plug will work on your car. With more than 100,000 possible combinations for the Ravelco Anti-Theft Device, its virtually impossible for a thief to determine the combination for your vehicle.'

10-25-2008, 05:00 AM   #26

Original Poster
The Ravelco is the next security purchase for my vehicle. Thanks Seamuis.
10-25-2008, 05:02 AM   #27

Original Poster
they took everything in/outside. Everything under the hood is gone: engine/transmission, radiator/condenser...everything and they even cut the engine harness. They took the leather seats, rims, tach...its just a complete mess. I sold it to my friend for couple bills... and got myself an SUV. Hopefully I don't have to deal w/ no more thieves...

khardur: ya their is a big market for used honda parts, especially the civics.
10-25-2008, 05:26 AM   #28
Damn Brit

Shitty thing to happen. At least with an SUV, people can't afford the gas to steal them.
I'm glad you've got wheels again anyway.
10-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #29

Christ, that sucks man. I had a 91 GS-R. I love little Hondas. Sigh...
10-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #30
Inactive Account

It's only a foreign car. Not like it's American or anything. But what really works is any type of an alarm and a 9mm.
All the cars I own have an alarm and fuel cutoff. And they're not installed in the usual places.