Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Oregon Coast Zen.
Posted By: DW58, 12-29-2019, 10:27 PM

Apparently stacking stones is good for the soul. I have absolutely no proof that it does not.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 1,020
12-30-2019, 12:39 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Cool. I've seen these a lot at the ocean and hiking. I'd point out the dodging around the rock stack is noticeable against the clouds.

12-30-2019, 01:19 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Rock stacking is very common all over. And it *is* a fun, kinda Zen activity. You get into the groove and focus on it, and it lets the rest of the world fade away for a while...

In some places it has a religious aspect. For instance in Hawaii it is considered sacred and many of the locals get very upset at tourists making stacks on their lands. Here on the Mainland it’s just for fun and for each of us to decide what it means.

And this is a Wonderful picture that should be hanging on a wall somewhere!
Thanks for the comment.
12-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Cool. I've seen these a lot at the ocean and hiking. I'd point out the dodging around the rock stack is noticeable against the clouds.
Thanks for the comment. Halo caused by something else because I didn't do any dodging. I noticed it but I didn't care enough to go back and fix it.
05-07-2021, 06:10 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
we have stone stackers on our shore too - usually made by instagrammers. I decided to call these structures pillocks, a reference to the stones and their stacker. I don't wait for the wind or waves - shore looks better without them.

05-08-2021, 02:53 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pillocks is a term that fits this situation so well .