Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Lance Stroll fast at the chicane - Monaco F1 Grand Prix 2019
Posted By: red5isalive, 01-01-2020, 05:29 AM

Hi guys,

As you might know from before I have been covering some Formula1 events this past 2019, and I would like to share with you an image I like pretty much a lot.
It is Lance Stroll driving for Racing Point F1 at the pool chicane entry, with one wheel on the air as he is cutting as much as he can to keep carrying speed, with a colorful blurred background as you could see the spectators sitting there at the grandstands

I hope you also like it, and I wish I can repeat in 2020!

Best wishes everyone for the new year.
Views: 1,180
01-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Thx for the info and the good ideas on alternate viewing resources.. We get F1 races on cable, but I don't think F2, but I'll check out F2 results, etc. in written form.

Les
Your welcome Les, my pleasure.

That is the Formula 1 youtube channel just in case if you wanna check it out

FORMULA 1 - YouTube

They also have Formula 2 videos like this 2019 Video for example

Hope you enjoy them

01-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! Perfect pan! Nice work!
01-02-2020, 12:07 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
Wow! Perfect pan! Nice work!
Thank you very much

---------- Post added 01-02-20 at 12:08 PM ----------

Thx for the info and the good ideas on alternate viewing resources.. We get F1 races on cable, but I don't think F2, but I'll check out F2 results, etc. in written form.

Les
Les I just replied you without tagging you before this answer with the F1 youtube channel link and a Resumee of the 2019 Formula 2 Season.

As for the F2 season, when you watch the video, you'll see they fight and its very close action, let me show you here with an image I took at the Spanish GP (i think its also on the video, a similar one, of course)

Okay one more and I stop:
Here at the other side of the chicane you can also see how fast the F2 drivers go,

(this is Michael Schumacher's son, Mick)

And yes, I got ideas while being on the other side days before.

Last edited by red5isalive; 01-02-2020 at 12:12 PM.
01-03-2020, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Thank you very much

---------- Post added 01-02-20 at 12:08 PM ----------

Les I just replied you without tagging you before this answer with the F1 youtube channel link and a Resumee of the 2019 Formula 2 Season.

As for the F2 season, when you watch the video, you'll see they fight and its very close action, let me show you here with an image I took at the Spanish GP (i think its also on the video, a similar one, of course)

Okay one more and I stop:
Here at the other side of the chicane you can also see how fast the F2 drivers go,

(this is Michael Schumacher's son, Mick)

And yes, I got ideas while being on the other side days before.
Thanks for this info Daniel. Great pix, especially of the one where the two drivers are racing wheel to wheel.

Also I didn't realize that Mick Schumacher, Michael's son was now racing.

Reminds me of an interesting story I read about Michael Schumacher a number of years ago. Apparently Michael and his family were late getting to an airport for a flight somewhere in Europe...Germany I think. The cab driver told Michael he would drive with all his driving ability to get the Schumacher family to the airport on time.

However time was ticking away and the cab driver while doing his best, was obviously not going to make it on time. Michael apparently politely asked the driver if he, Michael could take over the wheel of the taxi. The driver relinquished the wheel to Michael and sure enough...the taxi and cab driver had the ride of their life.

The taxi made it to the destination with time to spare and the cab driver was honoured to be driven by the World Champion driver I his own taxi.

Les

01-03-2020, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Indeed, well done. It must take skills to have a sharp car and at the same time the "fuzzy" background showing motion instead of a static image. Great work.
01-04-2020, 12:53 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for this info Daniel. Great pix, especially of the one where the two drivers are racing wheel to wheel.

Also I didn't realize that Mick Schumacher, Michael's son was now racing.

Reminds me of an interesting story I read about Michael Schumacher a number of years ago. Apparently Michael and his family were late getting to an airport for a flight somewhere in Europe...Germany I think. The cab driver told Michael he would drive with all his driving ability to get the Schumacher family to the airport on time.

However time was ticking away and the cab driver while doing his best, was obviously not going to make it on time. Michael apparently politely asked the driver if he, Michael could take over the wheel of the taxi. The driver relinquished the wheel to Michael and sure enough...the taxi and cab driver had the ride of their life.

The taxi made it to the destination with time to spare and the cab driver was honoured to be driven by the World Champion driver I his own taxi.

Les
Thank you Les.
I think i read about that story before so might be true?

Yes that fight got me non expecting it there but i was lucky enough to catch it

Yes Mick is racing and also Giuliano who is Jean Alesi's son is also racing at F2. But i wanted to say it later than Schumacher's son. And you can get to see Jean at every venue watching out for his son. The big shame is that we would have had Michael also around tracks with Mick and probably we'd have had some interesting chats between the 2 of them (Michael and Jean) if Michael would be able to visit.

---------- Post added 01-04-20 at 12:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
Indeed, well done. It must take skills to have a sharp car and at the same time the "fuzzy" background showing motion instead of a static image. Great work.
Thank you Bertrand. Glad you like it