Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
8 Likes  
The charm of the Waddensea just before and after sunset
Posted By: Fries, 01-02-2020, 03:46 PM

I pounced on some free time to explore two special moments on the flats and the shore of the Waddensea in two locations. The first one is at low tide at a place called Moddergat which translates to Mudhole in English... I was about too leave when the sky turned red. The second location is a place called Koehool where I've been experimenting with shooting at night. The light on the other side is of a lighthouse on the island of Terschelling; the Brandaris. It is the oldest still working lighthouse in the Netherlands and was build in 1594. I stacked 50 photo's to achieve this; each with a shutter speed of 15 seconds and ISO6400 at F2.8.

Cheers,

Remco

1. Sunset at low tide

2. Starry sky above a lighthouse light

Views: 960
01-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
I'm in love with the first image. I don't think I ever saw a sunset shot with such colors. Wonderful dynamic range!
Thanks Bertrand! I have seen it before but it certainly is not a common occurrence.

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
2 magnificent images here. The colors of the first are stunning, and the composition is so peaceful - my eyes just don't want to leave. The second has excellent earth and sky components that were well worth your time. Thanks.
Ted, thanks for describing the way these photo's work for you. Such comments do motivate me to keep on doing this kind of stuff.

QuoteOriginally posted by swip Quote
Love both shots.
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I particularly like the first one. The four rocks just lead me.
Thanks! It is not visible in the photo but those rocks are in fact wooden remains of a construction aimed at reclaiming land from the sea.