Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Trip to the Bridge
Lens: DA*200 and DA40 Camera: Pentax K-m Photo Location: Warwickshire, UK ISO: 400 
Posted By: crossed-up, 01-04-2020, 06:47 AM

I took a trip out on New Year's Day to get some fresh air and recce a track that leads to an old bridge over a disused railway. The track was actually a lot muddier than I expected but I carried on anyway. I stopped after a few hundred yards to let some walkers past and figured it would be chance to grab some shots of the Jeep. So reached into the back and realised that in my haste to leave I'd left my main camera bag with the K3 and lenses at home Luckily the bag I did bring had my old K-m with the DA40, although the battery was only showing 1/2 charge, and there was the DA*200 in there too. After my initial frustration it was actually quite nice to be 'limited' to the kit available, the only real issue was that in the cold weather the K-m's batteries didn't hold out very long and I had no spares.

K-m at ISO 400 with DA40 or DA*200

The track was very wet and muddy, but passible.

The bridge finally came into view.

Views: 422
01-04-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots. It certainly was muddy, your boots probably needed a good cleaning afterwards
01-04-2020, 08:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crossed-up Quote
I took a trip out on New Year's Day to get some fresh air and recce a track that leads to an old bridge over a disused railway. The track was actually a lot muddier than I expected but I carried on anyway. I stopped after a few hundred yards to let some walkers past and figured it would be chance to grab some shots of the Jeep. So reached into the back and realised that in my haste to leave I'd left my main camera bag with the K3 and lenses at home Luckily the bag I did bring had my old K-m with the DA40, although the battery was only showing 1/2 charge, and there was the DA*200 in there too. After my initial frustration it was actually quite nice to be 'limited' to the kit available, the only real issue was that in the cold weather the K-m's batteries didn't hold out very long and I had no spares.

K-m at ISO 400 with DA40 or DA*200

The track was very wet and muddy, but passible.

The bridge finally came into view.
Looks like most of the effort was in getting there, but the trip was worthwhile, at least for us.