Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Heat!
Camera: Pentax Super Program 
Posted By: reh321, 01-04-2020, 09:39 AM

At one time, this area was home to various industries, but now the land has found other uses.

The "Oliver Chilled Plow" company made their product in town at one time, but today their campus of buildings is just another industrial park. One day, I was wondering around the West side of town with my camera when I noticed a smokestack that seemed unfamiliar. Following the sight, I came to this building. Among all the 'spec" buildings in the "Oliver" industrial site I found one remaining old one. According to the brass sign here, this "power plant" once provided heat for the entire campus. Today, the occupant sells bricks - but at least the structure still exists.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
OpticFilm 8200i  Photo 

Views: 393
01-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Today, the occupant sells bricks - but at least the structure still exists.
It is an impressive stack, Is the current occupant selling the bricks used to construct this building?
01-04-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
It is an impressive stack, Is the current occupant selling the bricks used to construct this building?
As far as I can tell, the current occupant is using the structure as-is as a store.

The "impressive stack" dates back a century to a time of even more "beggar your neighbor". As long as burning didn't affect your immediate surroundings, a company was OK, so everyone built tall stacks, so the gases and particulate matter would be caught in the winds "up there" and deposited "wherever".