Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Job Lot
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 01-05-2020, 04:42 AM

Either the owner has a thing about Orange or it was a paint job lot... both car and bike same colour (see reflection).

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 383
01-05-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The colors work well and I like the bit of framing.
01-05-2020, 06:11 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
The colors work well and I like the bit of framing.
Thank you.
01-05-2020, 07:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like this photo very much. The striking orange is the attention grabber, but once that settles on the brain (at least my brain) the cool composition - the contrast between bike and background - comes to the fore.

Jer

01-05-2020, 07:46 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I like this photo very much. The striking orange is the attention grabber, but once that settles on the brain (at least my brain) the cool composition - the contrast between bike and background - comes to the fore.

Jer
Thanks for your kind comments.
01-05-2020, 07:46 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
both car and bike same colour (see reflection).
It took me a minute, but I see it now. I am with Sailor, your composition is excellent!
01-05-2020, 08:12 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
It took me a minute, but I see it now. I am with Sailor, your composition is excellent!
Thank you so much.

01-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Either the owner has a thing about Orange or it was a paint job lot
I'm sure the answer to this question is both, the owner has a thing for orange that probably didn't match the original colour for either the bike or the car and s/he decided to get both painted at the same time.

I can't explain the random bits of orange on the iron railings, though. Another fine example of Kerrowdown's sharp eye!
01-05-2020, 08:31 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your eye is typically keen . Orange is the main denominator . The balustrade is an example of metal craftsmanship that enhances the composition.
01-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #10
Pentaxian

It is a bit orange for me, but on the other hand, orange and black (seat) are the Harley colours...except this doesn't look like any Harley factory colour I've seen. Nice pix and that vintage fishtail exhaust is interesting.
01-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I'm sure the answer to this question is both, the owner has a thing for orange that probably didn't match the original colour for either the bike or the car and s/he decided to get both painted at the same time.
You could well be right.

I can't explain the random bits of orange on the iron railings, though.
I'm afraid that's the rust getting to work on the cast iron... the same as the rear brake disc.

Another fine example of Kerrowdown's sharp eye!
Thank you for that.
01-05-2020, 08:52 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
Your eye is typically keen . Orange is the main denominator . The balustrade is an example of metal craftsmanship that enhances the composition.
Thank you for your kind comments.
01-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
t is a bit orange for me, but on the other hand, orange and black (seat) are the Harley colours...except this doesn't look like any Harley factory colour I've seen
No it wasn't a Harley.

The paint work was to way too twinkly... it's a debadged something else, possibly some sort of Japanese wannabe.

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice pix and that vintage fishtail exhaust is interesting.
Thank you.