Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
A trip to Myanmar
Lens: Various Camera: K-1 Mark II Photo Location: Myanmar 
Posted By: nosliwmit, 01-08-2020, 04:02 AM

I visited Myanmar over my Christmas/New Year's break. Lovely place - friendly people, good food, beautiful scenery etc. I took a lot of photos. Here are some of my favorites. For anyone thinking about a trip there I highly recommend it. As usual I agonized over which lenses to bring and in the end I brought my 15mm Ltd., 43mm Ltd., 70mm Ltd., 100mm WR Macro and DA*300 (no zooms!). I used all of them and didn't regret any of my packing decisions!

Monks in Mandalay:


Hsinbyume Pagoda, Mingun:


On a boat on the Ayeyarwady (Irrawaddy) River:


Sunrise over Bagan (I know, it's a bit of a Myanmar cliche):


Shwezigon Pagoda in Bagan:


Smoking a big stogie in Bagan:


Drying peppers near Kalaw:


Padaung Heartbreaker, Inle Lake:


Taking a break from fishing on Inle Lake:

Views: 248
01-08-2020, 04:25 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
i_trax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,345
I did not do Myanmar but I did Cambodia, very interesting part of Asia.
Cambodia 2012 | Flickr
What is amazing, they do not have electricity, do not have smart phones, no TV or video games but they are happy and enjoy life.
All western World citizens should visit those Countries and learn how insignificant all materialistic goods are!
01-08-2020, 04:34 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 45,390
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
A trip to Myanmar
Some fine imagery here, especially like the level of textures and detail in the Shwezigon Pagoda.
01-08-2020, 06:55 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Medellín
Posts: 1,206
Cliché or not, beautiful pictures, nice scenery and lovely people.



01-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,318
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
I visited Myanmar over my Christmas/New Year's break. Lovely place - friendly people, good food, beautiful scenery etc. I took a lot of photos. Here are some of my favorites. For anyone thinking about a trip there I highly recommend it. As usual I agonized over which lenses to bring and in the end I brought my 15mm Ltd., 43mm Ltd., 70mm Ltd., 100mm WR Macro and DA*300 (no zooms!). I used all of them and didn't regret any of my packing decisions!

Monks in Mandalay:


Hsinbyume Pagoda, Mingun:


On a boat on the Ayeyarwady (Irrawaddy) River:


Sunrise over Bagan (I know, it's a bit of a Myanmar cliche):


Shwezigon Pagoda in Bagan:


Smoking a big stogie in Bagan:


Drying peppers near Kalaw:


Padaung Heartbreaker, Inle Lake:


Taking a break from fishing on Inle Lake:
I especially like the photos of people being themselves, not showing signs of your camera.
01-08-2020, 11:33 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jhaji's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 890
Nice set. OMG, they still do the neck elongation routine!
01-08-2020, 01:14 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SpottyReputation's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 195
Very beautiful set of photos, love all the colours. Might have to take a trip there myself, looks worth the flight time.
01-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
WillWeaverRVA's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,054
Great photos, thanks for taking us along on your trip.

01-08-2020, 01:26 PM   #9
Pentaxian
ignath's Avatar

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Riga
Posts: 1,171
all images are very good, every with it's own special perfection! thanks for posting
01-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Bengan's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,192
Great series. Thanks for sharing
01-09-2020, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,186
This series has doubtless sold some plane tickets . Beautiful images!
01-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SpottyReputation's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 195
i should've asked originally - is there an album somewhere with the rest of the series? i'd like to see more
01-09-2020, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 559
Original Poster
Thanks for all the comments!

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
What is amazing, they do not have electricity, do not have smart phones, no TV or video games but they are happy and enjoy life.All western World citizens should visit those Countries and learn how insignificant all materialistic goods are!
There are certainly plenty of mobile phones there now! But I agree that people should be required to travel outside their home countries. Maybe before they're allowed to vote!

QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
Nice set. OMG, they still do the neck elongation routine!
Some do, though they aren't as strict with the number of rings (which used to be fairly regimented).

QuoteOriginally posted by SpottyReputation Quote
i should've asked originally - is there an album somewhere with the rest of the series? i'd like to see more
I created an album in my Flickr account. You should be able to see it here: Myanmar | Flickr
Otherwise just navigate to my account (xtimwilsonx) and you'll find it there.

Have a great weekend!
01-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Guatemala City
Photos: Albums
Posts: 334
Very nice pictures... congratulations
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bagan, break, camera, flickr, inle, lake, myanmar, pagoda, photo, trip
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Balloons Over Bagan, Myanmar arbor-us Monthly Photo Contests 48 01-14-2020 06:59 PM
People Monks on U Bein Bridge,Mandalay,Myanmar. timb64 Post Your Photos! 6 08-29-2018 06:57 PM
People Baby Carriage,Bagan,Myanmar timb64 Post Your Photos! 3 06-23-2018 02:24 PM
May, 2017 Runner-up: U Bein Bridge, Amarapura, Myanmar candid Winners' Showcase 26 06-14-2017 07:59 PM
Travel Myanmar - Burma with Pentax gear Piotr Post Your Photos! 6 03-22-2010 01:13 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top