Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Alma high and Dry 2.0
Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 Camera: K3 ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/4000s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: brewmaster15, 01-09-2020, 12:25 PM

A few years ago I posted a pic that was a slide conversion of the town of Alma's Boatyard in the Bay of Fundy. I had visited 25 + years earlier. It was such a tiny quaint town and being on the bay of fundy, the tides are insane, I fell in love with the place and always wanted to return, but kids, jobs ,etc ..I never did. Until this year!

Here is the original slide I took years ago..

25 some odd years latter, the town itself hasn't changed much, a little more developed but still small and quaint. The Tides are of course the same, but the ships have definitely grown!

Theres been alot of development on the channel there as well , I'm guess over the years they need to repair things from storms. Still an incredible place to visit.

al

Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-09-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Views: 421
01-09-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots and a good story. I remember learning about the Bay of Fundy and its tide range in geography about sixty years ago.
01-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A nice return to your youth image. Nice to see things can hold still a bit these days!
01-09-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
A few years ago I posted a pic that was a slide conversion of the town of Alma's Boatyard in the Bay of Fundy. I had visited 25 + years earlier. It was such a tiny quaint town and being on the bay of fundy, the tides are insane, I fell in love with the place and always wanted to return, but kids, jobs ,etc ..I never did. Until this year!

Here is the original slide I took years ago..

25 some odd years latter, the town itself hasn't changed much, a little more developed but still small and quaint. The Tides are of course the same, but the ships have definitely grown!

Theres been alot of development on the channel there as well , I'm guess over the years they need to repair things from storms. Still an incredible place to visit.
Always interesting to see how a particular place has changed over time.

01-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Nice shots and a good story. I remember learning about the Bay of Fundy and its tide range in geography about sixty years ago.
Thank you! Its an amazing place to watch the tides literally roll in.

---------- Post added 01-16-20 at 03:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
A nice return to your youth image. Nice to see things can hold still a bit these days!
Thanks Dave! Yes I was pretty surprised by how little it has changed...I need to revisit there a bit sooner next time!

---------- Post added 01-16-20 at 03:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Always interesting to see how a particular place has changed over time.
Yes it is! and how it hasn't changed!