Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Playing around with a leica M6 lens adapted to my K1
Lens: 90mm Leitz Tele-Elmartit-M Camera: K1ii Photo Location: Cheyenne WY ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: JCL, 01-09-2020, 07:42 PM

I bought an adapter ring for my K1ii so I can use some older Leica lenses I have. I was excited to get the adapter but realized after mounting it to my camera it acts like an extension tube and I can only focus on really close subjects. When focused at infinity it only focuses out to about 2 feet with my 90mm lens and even less with my 50mm. Here's a few shots with the 90mm Leitz Tele-Elmarit-M at F8 and a B&W at 2.8 (side open). Too bad I can't get them to focus further out because they are ridiculously sharp. Guess I'll have a good macro lens.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 397
01-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #2
GRB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Both a very nice, I simply prefer the warmth of the first one.
01-09-2020, 08:02 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It certainly works for this kind of shot. This came out very nice! I like the narrow DOF in this photo.
01-09-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JCL Quote
I bought an adapter ring for my K1ii so I can use some older Leica lenses I have. I was excited to get the adapter but realized after mounting it to my camera it acts like an extension tube and I can only focus on really close subjects. When focused at infinity it only focuses out to about 2 feet with my 90mm lens and even less with my 50mm. Here's a few shots with the 90mm Leitz Tele-Elmarit-M at F8 and a B&W at 2.8 (side open). Too bad I can't get them to focus further out because they are ridiculously sharp. Guess I'll have a good macro lens.
I would prefer a tad more DoF, but these work fine in this application for you,

01-09-2020, 10:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DSLR type cameras often do this with adapted lenses because of their mirror box. If you want to use this lens at further distances, you will need to mount it on a mirrorless body in order to get the rear most element closer to the camera's sensor.
01-10-2020, 03:26 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice. I prefer the one in color, though.