Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sketching the Wild
Lens: Tokina EL 28mm 1:2.8 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Gallitzin, PA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Gorgarath, 01-14-2020, 07:47 PM

Had Winter Camp for the Cub Scouts this past weekend. 2nd year in a row where there wasn't any snow. Though last year was at least cold, this year it hit the mid-60s during the day. We did a short hike with the Scouts and I decided to toss my new-to-me 28mm onto my camera and see what I could do with it.

My son took along his sketch pad on the hike. He stopped to sketch a scene that was in front of him and was too busy to notice me taking his picture to hide. In this one, I caught him as he turned to look at me. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. It's probably my favorite from the hike.

Straight out of the camera and then resized on my PC. (Thankfully I found Paint.NET will maintain EXIF since GIMP seems to remove it on me.)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 598
01-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Real clear subject and out of focus background. Pentaxman
01-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentax man Quote
Real clear subject and out of focus background. Pentaxman
Thanks! As I was setting that one up, I was half wishing I had brought my 50mm instead as it's a faster lens and would have given an even shallower depth of field, but I think this one turned out great anyway.