Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Orange
Lens: DFA 50/2.8 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Neighbor's Yard ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Sailor, 01-17-2020, 09:39 AM

Our neighbor has an orange tree that produces fully developed oranges around this time of year. This is another shot to experiment with my DFA 50 macro. Even after more than 20 years here in SE Texas, I still find scenes like this one in January to be a bit jarring!

Jer

Views: 542
01-17-2020, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a blood orange. Love the textures!
01-17-2020, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Jer,
I like the textures also.Really interesting how its being held by shadow fingers! I wish we could grow citrus here in CT outside... best we can do is dwarf citrus indoors if you have the light.. which I dont. Reminds me of the car trips to Florida I used to take this time of year and driving back with bags of fresh picked oranges and grapefruits.

TfS..
AL
01-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great looking shot of a blood orange Jer. These are my wife's favorite. She uses them for all kinds of dishes in her cooking. That 50mm macro really renders colors nicely.

01-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The shadows plays great effect
01-18-2020, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Looks like a blood orange. Love the textures!
Thanks much!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Jer,
I like the textures also.Really interesting how its being held by shadow fingers! I wish we could grow citrus here in CT outside... best we can do is dwarf citrus indoors if you have the light.. which I dont. Reminds me of the car trips to Florida I used to take this time of year and driving back with bags of fresh picked oranges and grapefruits.

TfS..
AL
Thank you. "Shadow fingers" is a perfect expression for what I was trying to grab in this shot (along with playing with a new lens ).

BTW, my daughter (and granddaughter and son-in-law) live in CT, so we get up your way pretty frequently. We love New England - my wife and I lived in Boston for a few years in the '70s and we often took jaunts to Mystic and other places in CT. Our daughter lives north of Hartford and not too far from Lime Rock (cool spot for a car guy like me).

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great looking shot of a blood orange Jer. These are my wife's favorite. She uses them for all kinds of dishes in her cooking. That 50mm macro really renders colors nicely.
Hey, Todd - thanks much. I'm having a lot of fun with this little lens.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The shadows plays great effect
I appreciate the nice words, EM.

Jer
12-16-2021, 04:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Beautiful texture ✨

12-16-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most citrus are winter crops, although a few (Key limes in particular) can bear at any time of the year. That's a wonderful image, Jer!